Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

My Collecting Days are at THE END....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bikerider60

Aug 8, 2008
Jackson, NJ
Modern only , Vintage I will still collect. My other Hobbies are taking over my main interests , Koi Pond, Boating....I can add more........but this the End........

[youtube:3odol907]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbI5K0AzNHI[/youtube:3odol907]

bouwob

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
I refuse to allow you to do this. If I cant see any more of your mail days I might cry.

bikerider60

Aug 8, 2008
Jackson, NJ
ThoseBackPages said:
is this "goodbye" SlabFather?

No Grasshopper, I will still be adding to my Vintage HOF collection. I will also be Slabbing Modern to be sold.
My new Koi Pond has run me over 7k, and it's still not done. The Boat has been pulled for the winter....more$$ cash is hard to come by in these unfortunate times. I lost a lot of $$$ in the market.....

wideright

Aug 7, 2008
Hey I applaud your common sense. A lot of collectors keep going and spending when they really shouldn't. This is a "hobby" after all (for those of us who have regular jobs, that is.)

i felt that around 98. It became impossible to collect mcgwire cards. And he didnt even have autographed or game used inserts back then. His inserts and base cards were in EVERY set, every insert set. I could not keep up. Not to mention when your favorite player was the only major star, and the biggest at the time, and he was the only one without a autographed card deal, it was a bummer. So i really cooled off for a while around that time. I bought packs but i laid off my PC for a long time.

Members online

Latest posts