Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

New GU idea

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AKT74

Sep 8, 2009
I was just watching the news and they where showing the Phillies celebration from last night. All the players had on swimming goggles so that the champagne wouldn't get in their eyes.

So it's not really game used, but they should cut up the goggles and make cards out of them.

I am half kidding and half serious.

What do you guys think?

rebelpawn

Aug 7, 2008
La Jolla. CA
I don't know why companies won't use anything but jerseys and bats. I love cleat, hat, ball, base, wall, chest protector, helmet and glove cards. I'm so sick of plain jersey cards.....

donrusscrusademan

Sep 2, 2009
AKT74 said:
I was just watching the news and they where showing the Phillies celebration from last night. All the players had on swimming goggles so that the champagne wouldn't get in their eyes.

So it's not really game used, but they should cut up the goggles and make cards out of them.

What do you guys think?

knowing how theres already game-used ***** hair cards, (not kidding) Im guessing that GU goggles arnt too far behind :)

xcantgobackx

Aug 20, 2008
Jersey Shore
rebelpawn said:
I don't know why companies won't use anything but jerseys and bats. I love cleat, hat, ball, base, wall, chest protector, helmet and glove cards. I'm so sick of plain jersey cards.....

Agreed! I prefer variety. It was the catalyst behind me purchasing this card...

05PlayoffAbsoluteMemoribila4xGUAuto.jpg

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
rebelpawn said:

I believe players go through many more jerseys than cleats, hats, chest protectors, and that is why we see so many more. They have used bases, balls, and walls before, but it doesn't really go with a specific player. Maybe you could do part of a ball for a pitcher, but there is nothing to distinguish it from any random ball. At least with jerseys, you know if its the right color or patch that the player wore.

xcantgobackx

Aug 20, 2008
Jersey Shore
mredsox89 said:
rebelpawn said:

I believe players go through many more jerseys than cleats, hats, chest protectors, and that is why we see so many more. They have used bases, balls, and walls before, but it doesn't really go with a specific player. Maybe you could do part of a ball for a pitcher, but there is nothing to distinguish it from any random ball. At least with jerseys, you know if its the right color or patch that the player wore.

I feel like this is only true sometimes. It seems like most of the time, companies go with plain white or plain gray swatches.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
xcantgobackx said:
mredsox89 said:
rebelpawn said:

I feel like this is only true sometimes. It seems like most of the time, companies go with plain white or plain gray swatches.

Well I mean at least you know that if its an orange piece and a redsox card, you know it doesn't belong. Might not be a lot of the time, but with a ball there is nothing

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
donrusscrusademan said:
AKT74 said:

What do you guys think?

knowing how theres already game-used ***** hair cards, (not kidding) Im guessing that GU goggles arnt too far behind :)

Umm, Really? I'm assuming benchwarmes but WTF? Please tell me that's sarcasm or at least tell me the set as my interest is peaking in an unusual way :?

Hmm after re-reading that, I gotta say, NO not that way lol :lol:

imac220

Aug 14, 2008
Central PA
rebelpawn said:

Like this? ;)

scan0003.jpg

donrusscrusademan

Sep 2, 2009
Fandruw25 said:
donrusscrusademan said:
AKT74 said:

What do you guys think?

Umm, Really? I'm assuming benchwarmes but WTF? Please tell me that's sarcasm or at least tell me the set as my interest is peaking in an unusual way :?

Hmm after re-reading that, I gotta say, NO not that way lol :lol:

the funny thing is that for a long time I used to call hair-cut cards ***** hair cards (as I dont like them) and then sure enough, someone pointed out that there are literally **** cards out there ... I believe in Japan.

Members online