Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2007 Sweet Spot Classic Memorabilia

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jarcar

Aug 7, 2008
Vancouver Canada
Edit: Thanks to Braves2008champs I now have the Ott bat. Thanks John for making this available for me!!! See scans below.

I've been working on the 2007 Sweet Spot Classic Memorabilia set since it came out and I only have 3 left to get. This set has been a lot of fun to collect as there are about 6 or 7 unlisted variations (at least that is what I have found so far) so there are about 100 cards in total. (Beckett only lists 94 but that is wrong).

I've never seen the Robinson Giants Pants card (if you have please let me know) so I'm not sure if it even exists. If you have any of the cards listed below please let me know. I know I had 2 people say they had some of the set and for me to let them know which ones I needed, but that was on Beckett before it switched over and I can't find the thread any more so I don't know who it was. Any way if you can help me out please let me know. Thanks.

Also if you have any information on the set, variations, ones you have found harder to find etc. please feel free to add to the thread.

Sweet Spot Classic Classic Memorabilia #BR Babe Ruth Bat - SP
Sweet Spot Classic Classic Memorabilia #FR1 Frank Robinson Giants Pants (Does it excists?)

Sweet Spot Classic Classic Memorabilia #MO2 Mel Ott Bat - SP - I now have :D
Sweet Spot Classic Classic Memorabilia #RJ3 Reggie Jackson (Yankees) -I now have

Edit: I only need the Ruth Bat. ONE MORE TO GO!! :D
Thanks to Braves2008Champs (John) I was able to pick up the Ott Bat. Thank you John.

jarcar

Aug 7, 2008
Vancouver Canada
I picked up the Stargell bat earlier this weekend and I just won the Bains Bat today. So I know only have 3 left to get, Ruth, Ott (Bat) and the Jackson as a Yankee. Sooooooo close but yet so far away. :D

shuedini

Aug 7, 2008
Indiana
jarcar said:
I picked up the Stargell bat earlier this weekend and I just won the Bains Bat today. So I know only have 3 left to get, Ruth, Ott (Bat) and the Jackson as a Yankee. Sooooooo close but yet so far away. :D
Good luck with the remaining three! I'll be sure to keep my eyes open for you. You'll have to post scans of the complete set when it's done!

Twigs

Aug 7, 2008
Good luck with the rest, I will also keep my eyes peeled for them! I've been slowly working on the set myself and its a fun and challenging one to collect.

jarcar

Aug 7, 2008
Vancouver Canada
Very happy to get this SP in the mail earlier this week. Only 3 left to get, please let me know if you have any that I need listed above. Thanks.

forsale002.jpg

jarcar

Aug 7, 2008
Vancouver Canada
Got this in the mail the other day. I only need the Ruth and Ott Bats. I also just found a Santo jersey, I didn't realize I didn't have it, I do now. Just 2 cards to go for the set.

010-1.jpg

jarcar

Aug 7, 2008
Vancouver Canada
angelsrockies4ever said:
When I saw this thread I was hoping you had just started so I could thank you for the free Shelton. :D

:lol:
No worries, I've been working on this since it came out. Trust me that Shelton, you did me a favour in taking it. :D

rdg00001

Nov 11, 2008
United States
I'm in the same boat as you on this set, except I was lucky enough to get the Ruth right after the product came out before it was revealed as a SP - I am just missing that pesky Ott bat card!

jarcar

Aug 7, 2008
Vancouver Canada
rdg00001 said:
I'm in the same boat as you on this set, except I was lucky enough to get the Ruth right after the product came out before it was revealed as a SP - I am just missing that pesky Ott bat card!

That's great, I'm sure you got it at a very nice price. I got the Reese early for $10 and I won the Bains bat on e-bay for $5 just before it was revealed as a SP and the seller said he lost it right after it came out as a SP, so I had to find one at the higher prices :( . It looks like I have just picked up the Ott bat and hope to have it in the next week or two. I'll post it once I get it. Now I just need the Ruth. I'll keep my eyes open for the Ott bat for you. Congrats on what you have completed so far.

jarcar

Aug 7, 2008
Vancouver Canada
I got the Ott bat from Braves2008champs (John). I'm so happy to finally pick this card up thanks to John I now have it. I now only need the Ruth bat to finish off the set.

j.jpg

I also realized a few weeks ago that I did not have the Santo Jersey variation, I was able to pick that up and it arrived today as well.

ll.jpg

Very happy to get both of these cards. Thanks for look and please let me know if you have the Ruth Bat available. Thanks.

jarcar

Aug 7, 2008
Vancouver Canada
I know there are a few guys working on this set so I thought I'd post the different variations that I have found. (except the Ott, these are not listed in beckett) If you have seen others please let me know.

Ott - Jersey and Bat
ff.jpg

Rice - Jersey and Bat
gg.jpg

Santo - Jersey and Bat
ee.jpg

Ryan - Jersey and Bat
dd.jpg

Clark - Jersey and Bat
cc.jpg

Perez - Jersey and Bat
bb.jpg

Schoendienst - Jersey and Bat
aa.jpg

Robinson - Beckett has a Clevelend and a Giants but I've never seen the Giants just two different Clevelend cards.
hh.jpg

braves2008champs

Aug 7, 2008
This is an interesting set with all the SP's/variations. I'll keep my eye open for the Ruth. Glad the Ott got there safe and sound. Sweet pics with the variations