Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Would you buy Bowman Chrome minor league?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jul 30, 2009
Assuming Topps does get the ML license, would you buy this product?

2010 Bowman Chrome Minor League

1. NO "RC LOGO" OR MLB PLAYERS ONLY MINOR LEAGUERS
2. Players are pictured in their minor league uniforms and cards show NO MLB team logos
3. All the refs found in reg BC will be here too
4. One auto per box
5. $4 per pack with 4 cards a pack
6. ALL RAZOR EXCLUSIVES WILL BE IN IT AS REG NON AUTOS

Prospectmaster

I just don't see the Bowman Chrome brand ever being taken over. I don't think any other prospect product could ever pass bowman chrome regardless of MLB license or not. Look at Donruss Elite Extra when it came out in 2007. Made a ton of money with autos of Heyward Moustakas Vitters Price and various others. If they can get a big lineup with more big time prospects I will continue to buy bowman chrome. I just don't see anyone passing it even if Upper Deck comes out with a minor league product.

Sly

Aug 7, 2008
011873 said:
Assuming Topps does get the ML license, would you buy this product?

2010 Bowman Chrome Minor League

1. NO "RC LOGO" OR MLB PLAYERS ONLY MINOR LEAGUERS
2. Players are pictured in their minor league uniforms and cards show NO MLB team logos
3. All the refs found in reg BC will be here too
4. One auto per box
5. $4 per pack with 4 cards a pack
6. ALL RAZOR EXCLUSIVES WILL BE IN IT AS REG NON AUTOS

Why is this better than what Bowman Chrome/Draft/etc. already is?

The Prospect cards ARE Minor League players, in their MAJOR LEAUGE uniforms. I think most would rather the players in the Major League unis instead of Minor League...especially cause some players would be in those unis for only half a season or less since there is so much movement in the minors.

Jeff D

Mar 28, 2009
Sly said:

The Prospect cards ARE Minor League players, in their MAJOR LEAUGE uniforms. I think most would rather the players in the Major League unis instead of Minor League...especially cause some players would be in those unis for only half a season or less since there is so much movement in the minors.

I would think one reason something like this could happen is because it's obvious that MLB or at least the MLBPA wants to move towards rookie cards being of ACTUAL MLB rookies.

So if they were able to launch a prospect line for draft picks and hot prospects in a Bowman Chrome Minor League product, then they can save the MLB licensed Bowman Chrome "1st Bowman Cards" for rookies in the majors. Maybe switch Draft to a MiLB product and change the current DP&P to something more like "Late Callups."

Obviously Draft is popular, so I don't really see this happening. But it's certainly a possibility if MLB pulls Topps grandfathered ability to create MLB cards of non-MLB players.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
Exactly. Bowman has always been and always will be the Home of the Minor Leaguer in my mind.

Showing minor leaguers in minor league jerseys should be GREAT for prospectors since prospectors always like to emphasize the youth and potential of the player.

Sly said:

Jays_Cards

Jan 1, 2009
uniquebaseballcards said:
Exactly. Bowman has always been and always will be the Home of the Minor Leaguer in my mind.

Showing minor leaguers in minor league jerseys should be GREAT for prospectors since prospectors always like to emphasize the youth and potential of the player.

Sly said:

::facepalm::

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
Jays_Cards said:

Sly said:

Jays_Cards

Jan 1, 2009
Jays_Cards said:

Sly said:

It's really not worth any reply beyond...You are a complete and utter toolbag.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
Jays_Cards said:
[quote="Jays_Cards":2iziz3rh]

Sly said:

It's really not worth any reply beyond...You are a complete and utter toolbag.[/quote:2iziz3rh]

Constructive as always.

Soon all will be straightened out and most people will look back and laugh at the way things used to be :)

Lars

Aug 25, 2008
I would buy it, but I personally think Topps will use such license to insert a subset of cards in their Bowman brands instead of issuing a completely different product for minor leaguers.

Mudcatsfan

Aug 7, 2008

Sly said:

I bet they'll still be more valuable then 4th year MLB "RC's"

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
I suppose in this case some folks might prefer the negative four-year RCs... aka MiLB first-year cards.

Heck, I think there should be a Bowman 'Prospect HOF Cuts' brand that show all the minor leaguers as HOFers too. After all, its never too early to start pretending.

Mudcatsfan said:

Sly said:

I bet they'll still be more valuable then 4th year MLB "RC's"

Mudcatsfan

Aug 7, 2008
That's essentially what Bowman Chrome is. 17 year olds are given the royal treatment with their pimple faced images produced in extremely small quantites with swatches of their jerseys, or their autographs included, & expensive shiny card stock treatments.

Each 'nobody' is treated like a hall of famer.

Everybody has a chance to be an eternal great.

Its up to the prospector to sort through the 99.9% and find the gem.

Some people can handle a product like this, and some fear it and wish it wouldn't exist.

brianga26

Aug 7, 2008
Atlanta, GA
I would love a Topps produced Minor League set. But then again, I collect Tri-STar and I think its cool to get autograph of up and comer's. A MILB licensed Topps product would be sharp.

as for the post of the blog about the 2007 Bowman Little league.. the best line

Anybody pull game used lunchbox and backpack cards? I here they fall one per case. Very rare.

OH MY GOD! You think we will pull our very own London card?!?! I hope we get the game used diaper! :D

blitzerlover

Aug 9, 2008
Mudcatsfan said:
That's essentially what Bowman Chrome is. 17 year olds are given the royal treatment with their pimple faced images produced in extremely small quantites with swatches of their jerseys, or their autographs included, & expensive shiny card stock treatments.

Some people can handle a product like this, and some fear it and wish it wouldn't exist.

Win.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
The 'royal treatment' BC provides prospects is making them look like they've accomplished something they have not, this is due to Topps' exemption as we know. A MiLB license/revocation of that license returns BC back to a healthy reality and a more stable foundation upon which to build, particularly to those interested in MiLB cards.

The notion below overly romanticizes prospecting as prospectors are no longer involved with said prospect's cards once the prospect has accomplished anything. Technically the same prose could be written about any card, its all part of the hobby.

Mudcatsfan said:

Members online

Latest posts