Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

THE Effin YANKEE HATERS THREAD

Salary cap for baseball within 2 years

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

craiger122003

Aug 7, 2008
vegas
So with the retarded spending of the yankees do you want a salary cap in baseball? I say yes with a luxury tax like NBA. The luxury tax would go to teams like KC, Twins, etc. The only problem is the payers union will fight till death over this so that underachieving players get top dollar any thoughts???

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I am all for unions and I do agree that if you have talent you do deserve to get paid for your skills but this is getting out of control.I think that if they keep it up it will eventually cost way too much to even attend a game.Not that it doesn't already but my god...how much more can they possibly ask for?Where does it stop?

There is a point where it becomes greed over what is owed.I think that was passed long ago.

I do not hold anything over the yankees though.Its fun watching them play but whats bad is they have basically a miniature all star team and still can't win it all.That speaks for itself.

the yankees dont spend any of their own money outa their pocket. They spend all the money from the tv contracts and all the money from ticket prices and merchandise. Its all profit. They have more money to blow. You cant use the twins because the twins' owner is just as rich as the steinbrenners, but does not want to spend the money. But i agree we do need a salary cap. i am a A's fan and trust me , i hope all the yankees pitchers end up on the DL.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
craiger122003 said:
Big mac i agree however when bleachers hit 100 or more a seat thats just ludicrous and i HOPE they go bankrupt

Well eventually it will go the way the economy has.People are simply not going to be able to afford things anymore and then thats when the teams will start hurting.Its not like the baseball fans of New York all got a raise over night to deal with the rising cost of attending games.

Business in this country for the most part is stupid.Its all about getting as much as you can as fast as you can ,consequences be damned.No foresight whatsoever.And thats why we are where we are now.

craiger122003

Aug 7, 2008
vegas
You know everyone has their favorite team and when they drop from the standings its root AGAINST the yankees Worst part is my boss is a yankee lover (sick bastard)

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008

craiger122003

Aug 7, 2008
vegas
I know the luxury tax is there however they have also spent over a BILLION in salary in the last 5 years that would take KC/Minn combined like 50 to 60 years to spend that much

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Well thats why I said I could care less what the yankees spend.It just shows they have more to spend and are willing to spend it.The real problem is the players should not be able to command such a big amount of money.Why do you feel the need to make that kind of money?Seriously.You only need so much money.That may sound stupid but I think its nothing more than greed.

craiger122003

Aug 7, 2008
vegas
OH BUT WAIT as all players say its not about the money i love this game :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :geek: I wish all contratcs were a hundered grand base and all incentives you produce you get paid you hurt you only get he hundred grand guys only play in last year of contract all years before they turn into JD my finger hurts cant play DREW

jas1214

Sep 4, 2008
While I don't hate the Yankees (more an increasingly embarassed fan), I would like to see a salary cap in MLB. Only because I don't believe any pitcher is worth $10,000/per out recorded during a season. Or a hitter worth $15-20,000/plate appearance. This problem was not caused by the Yankees - it's certainly not HELPED by the Yankees, either. We can all talk about a salary cap in baseball, but the players union pretty much runs that show and there's no way it happens.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
craiger122003 said:
Big mac i agree however when bleachers hit 100 or more a seat thats just ludicrous and i HOPE they go bankrupt

Another dope who throws facts out the window when blinded with hatred. So do you guys just make these #'s up? I just paid 12$ a game for the bleachers.

promodeltodd

Aug 7, 2008
Blinded by hatred. It is sad that everyone must attack the team that spends. Why not attack your team for NOT spending. MLB is a billion dollar industry. The Yankees want to put a winning team on the field, so they spend the money to do so. The Yankees also GIVE money to other teams through the luxury tax. I am just glad they wont have to this year since they built the new stadium, they will not need to pay a luxury tax. As I have also said in another thread, keep in mind the big contracts that are now gone. Just because they are spending on a couple new players does not mean they are so much more than last years salary.

There will not be salary cap any time soon, but I can't agree more that players should be more incentive based. The Von Hayes are long gone so the players, I mean agents, will continue to get as much as they can for themselves, I mean clients.

G

This is the way I see it.

The Yankees have the right to run their franchise any way they see fit. It's the Steinbrenners baby, and if they want to put all of their money back into it, they have that right. In my opinion, more ballclubs should have that same thinking in my opinion. Not saying I think everyone should spend Yankee money, but a few more million here and then wouldn't hurt anything in my opinion.

You don't have to like what they Yankees are doing, but they have every right to do so.

But I ask you this. WHY BITCH ABOUT IT? It's not like they are winning every year right?

The Yankees haven't won anything substantial SINCE starting to spend out of the ass. Have they won a World Series recently? Or even been to one in the last few years? No, they haven't. Yet some people are acting like they are just buying the title every season, which they aren't.

It's not working for them, and hasn't been, so shouldn't all the people whining about it saying they are ruining the universe be laughing their asses off hoping they continue to do what they are doing so they keep imploding and losing? That's what I would be doing if I didn't like the Yankees. I would have the thinking that they are getting what they deserve for spending almost 90 million dollars on the likes of AJ Burnett.

Let the Yankees spend all they want. It's their right. But don't put a salary cap on every franchise because that would be just wrong.

Crash Davis

Aug 19, 2008
First let me respond to those who wish bankruptcy on the Yankees...you (fools) are obviously prime candidates for anger management therapy.

If the Yankees end up filing for bankruptcy, baseball as a sport is in big trouble. But, let's move on...

Now, as for the Yankees spending the past few days - funny how nobody mentioned the fact that the contracts of Giambi, Mussina, Pettitte, Pavano and Abreu are no longer on the books. They're free agents. So, let's say that there was a salary cap, as you all are crying out for, the Yankees still could've signed Sabathia AND Burnett, AND pretty much anybody else they see fit, including Texieria, Sheets, Lowe, etc., AND they would still be at or below the total salary they were last season.

Try doing just a tiny bit of research before starting threads like this. It might just save you some time and embarrassment.

Bornagaincollector

Aug 7, 2008
Cleveland,Ohio
The Marlins are just as bad.Look at how much revenue they get and payroll is what 30 million?
I don't have a problem with the Yankees spending.They also have the most populated city in the country with allows them to have a better fan base and more money to spend.

I used to say the Indians were cheap,but the last 2-3 years they have spent some change.

cnotekidwrxsti

Sep 13, 2008
Connecticut
First off let me state that I am a lifelong seattle fan. I have sat here for the last 6 years and watched crappy management buy players that perform well on their contract year and then completely soak up our revenue once they are signed doing nothing.

I am so sick of all the people that sit their and hate constantly on the yankees instead of focusing on their own team. Do you honestly think anyone cares that the bleacher seats in NY are $100 now? There are 8 million people in NYC alone! I dont think they are going to have a tough time filling 50,000 seats per game not to mention most of the seating has been switched to season ticket holding. The yankees can do whatever they like. They have more money than any other sports franchise and bad ecomony or not they will never be touched by this recession. Additionally they have cut $85 million in payroll prior to this burnett and sabathia deal so their yealy budget is still cheaper than last year.

Pete14Rose

Aug 13, 2008
Virginia
Has nothing to do with be a Yankee hater....as I am a HUGE Yankee fan.....but I've been saying baseball needs a salary cap for the past 12 years.

Members online