Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Can you see AP as the all time leading rusher?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KOBEARODLT

Sep 29, 2008
i can see it, but than again i thought LT would be pretty close to it as well, AP is a bigger back though so he has a better chance.

bodiaz

Jan 19, 2009
Not if Childress remains his coach! Not enough touches. Also, no way he stays healthy enough with his running style.

KOBEARODLT

Sep 29, 2008
Pine Tar said:
yeah as long as Childress and Brett is there he will see the ball less. Well maybe on a dump pass.

well favre is 40, hes not going to be there forever haha and last year he got plenty of touches when childres was coach

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
KOBEARODLT said:
i can see it, but than again i thought LT would be pretty close to it as well, AP is a bigger back though so he has a better chance.

Agree. I think we all thought LT would maybe have the chance to be the guy and here we are.....71 RuYd, 2 ReYd today. And he's 30.

AP could and can do it. Does he have the franchise/system and body to do it?

I guess we'll see

Aug 29, 2008
bodiaz said:
Not if Childress remains his coach! Not enough touches. Also, no way he stays healthy enough with his running style.

I don't think touches will be an issue. He was 2nd in the league in carries last year and is currently 3rd this year. I just think this record is borderline untouchable. LT, who has been the best RB of the decade is still like four 1500 yard seasons away. Even if Peterson stays healthy, he'll still need pretty much 10 more 1,400 yard seasons after this year. It will take a freak of nature that not only doesn't get hurt but who's skills dont decline until late into their 30s.

Gellman

Sep 2, 2008
bodiaz said:

No ****, when he bolts for 29 yards and they pull him for Chester, I want to scream. I bet he does too. He does all this work, punching people in the face, breaking tackles, being awesome, and then he gets pulled. Oh wait, and then Chester gives up that INT.

Childress ******* sucks. I have said it from day one.

j2short812000

Jul 29, 2009
as long as they get him a front line he can do it sadly what he has done the 1st year and partially the 2nd year was all him with no line in front he single handily put minn back on the map i think it is very possible for him to get that record he is a hard runner but he has made it clear that he is willing to play through pain so i say yes he does it

he might not break or hold the record but i think he is the re carnation of walter payton!!!!! he is a beast and puts up numbers if he doesnt have a 100 yard game he'll have 2 or more td's if he has 100 plus yards he'll only have 1-2 td's either way he is a fantasy points machine either way i think he has change the rb's position forever no matter what happens he will end up in the hof!!!!

bodiaz

Jan 19, 2009
He reminds me so much of Bo Jackson! UNREAL talent, size and speed that noone can match. Bo never even played 1 full season in the NFL and got his career ending injury. I compare these guys to a high performance sports car. They run at 8000 RPMs, and it is impressive to watch, but sooner rather than later they will break down.

dfr52

Aug 10, 2008
bodiaz said:
He reminds me so much of Bo Jackson! UNREAL talent, size and speed that noone can match. Bo never even played 1 full season in the NFL and got his career ending injury. I compare these guys to a high performance sports car. They run at 8000 RPMs, and it is impressive to watch, but sooner rather than later they will break down.

I always felt Dillon was very similar to Jackson in running style. Both had speed and power and didn't try and juke player too often.

IMO AP is a hybrid of a number of backs b/c he has such a variety of skills.

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
Odds are against him staying healthy enough his entire career.

Terrell Davis WAS this good as well through his first four seasons.....

I've already sold off all my exquisite Petersons.

nborton

Aug 7, 2008
Winston-Salem, NC
I think it takes a smaller more elusive RB to come close to the record. Which at this point in the NFL isn't the trend. Not only do I not see AP doing it, I can't think of anyone right now I think has a chance. Something else to consider (not in AP's situation so much) is the huge increase in a two back running game. That alone kills most guys chances even if they are good.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
brouthercard said:
Odds are against him staying healthy enough his entire career.

Terrell Davis WAS this good as well through his first four seasons.....

I've already sold off all my exquisite Petersons.
I would have waited until the playoffs, as the Vikings should have no trouble making it. But I can't really argue with you - better to see now while they can before something might happen and you'd lose money.

Members online