Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Miles Austin...Fantasy Gold or Fool's Gold???

Is Miles Austin going to be this year's #1 "breakout" player

• Yes, he'll continue to produce & flourish under this offense & will be this year's #1 breakout playe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
Given that Miles Austin has now gone 2 week's in a row producing outrageous #1 Wide-Receiver production, I want to take a survey to see what you guy's think about whether Miles Austin will continue to blossom & produce at this level or near it? Or does he fizzle out before the season's end now that opposing defense's know the Cowboys are seriously going to target this guy as the team's #1?

If your answer doesn't exactly fit into the 2 choice's I've added for the poll selection you can post giving more in depth answer's, or if you would just prefer posting your answer you can do it that way also! :D

Seiya

Aug 7, 2008
Chula Vista, CA
I voted for the first option, he obviously is Romo's new T.O. He feels comfortbale throwing to him instead of Roy Williams, who he doesn't trust at all it seems like.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
G $MONEY$ said:
Does anyone know what his RCs like Contenders auto goes for now compared to 3 weeks ago?
They usually sold for $20 on eBay three weeks ago.

They shot up to about $50 after the monster game against Kansas City. This weekend before the game, they were going for $35, and one went for $45.

The cheapest live items are with a BIN of $75 or more.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
If you follow the Cowboys, you should remember Miles has had breakout games here and there, when he gets the time on the field.

He has proven in the past that he can come up big, and has done it again the past two games.

Miles Austin is a #1 receiver, no question. The only thing that can hurt is that teams may double team him. With Roy Williams on the other side, things could get ugly for the Cowboys. A summer camp of 12 year olds couldn't drop more balls than Roy Williams does in a game.

dfr52

Aug 10, 2008
Card Magnet said:
If you follow the Cowboys, you should remember Miles has had breakout games here and there, when he gets the time on the field.

He has proven in the past that he can come up big, and has done it again the past two games.

Miles Austin is a #1 receiver, no question. The only thing that can hurt is that teams may double team him. With Roy Williams on the other side, things could get ugly for the Cowboys. A summer camp of 12 year olds couldn't drop more balls than Roy Williams does in a game.

Roy's drops have not been too big of an issue this season. Romo just can't get the ball to him for some reason-for some reason they lack chemistry. If teams double Austin there's always Williams, Witten, Bennett, Crayton, or even a back. If the OL can give Romo time and Austin breaks loose or draws double teams the passing offense will continue to do well.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
I never saw so many 'ducked' tackles in all my life.

Austin has had more in 2 weeks than Irvin had in 10 years.

To think he isn't even the biggest breakout WR this year.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
HoustonTeams4Me said:
EricInCT said:

Who in your opinion is the "biggest breakout WR this year"?
Pierre Thomas. Just messin with ya Eric.

But seriously, who the hell do you think the biggest breakout WR is?

Autsin is already 9th on the season receiving leaders board. The only guy ahead of him who would be a "breakout" is Steve Smith. Manningham and Knox don't even come close to Austin as of now.

mrwhitesox30

Oct 7, 2008
I picked the first option, but you need an option that's between one and two. I think he'll be the breakout WR of the year, but he won't be putting up jaw-dropping numbers for the rest of the season. I don't think he'll fizzle, either, just go back to 75-100 ypg, which is good, but will be a letdown compared to the last two weeks. Now that opposing teams have more tape of him, they'll be concentrating on him more.

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
mrwhitesox30 said:
I picked the first option, but you need an option that's between one and two. I think he'll be the breakout WR of the year, but he won't be putting up jaw-dropping numbers for the rest of the season. I don't think he'll fizzle, either, just go back to 75-100 ypg, which is good, but will be a letdown compared to the last two weeks. Now that opposing teams have more tape of him, they'll be concentrating on him more.

Thanks for throwing your opinion into the discussion bud! :D I only put those option's up there because I wanted to keep it designated as M.Austin will be the "Breakout POY" or he won't, though in my initial post to this thread I did write that if you have an opinion that isn't included you can write in & post your opinion/response! :D

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
Card Magnet said:
HoustonTeams4Me said:
EricInCT said:

Who in your opinion is the "biggest breakout WR this year"?
Pierre Thomas. Just messin with ya Eric.

But seriously, who the hell do you think the biggest breakout WR is?

Autsin is already 9th on the season receiving leaders board. The only guy ahead of him who would be a "breakout" is Steve Smith. Manningham and Knox don't even come close to Austin as of now.

LOL, touche my friend.

Definitely not anyone on the giants or bears thats for sure.