Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Does Vlad Guererro even know where he is right now?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trademhigh

Aug 10, 2008
G $MONEY$ said:
stangy24 said:
First the baserunning blunder and then the ball 3 walk? ::facepalm::

At least he got a hit after the ball 3 walk to save face....

im sure its the pressure
Agreed. I was just gonna post this. He hasn't really faced this much pressure in his career, I don't think.

1995BBRefractorGuy

Dec 20, 2008
mredsox89 said:
G $MONEY$ said:
we [strike:1nyh6d98]might[/strike:1nyh6d98] have seen Vladdy bat for the last time as an Angel.

i already posted this tonight but since someone wanted to make a thread bashing vlad.... this was the first year he hasn't hit 25HR and hit .300, he had 380 AB's and if you extrapolate his numbers over a full year he would have hit more than 25 HR's and hit .300 again... for the 12th year in a row. he is 2 years younger than ex-roid machine abreu and hit .370 with 3 doubles, a HR, and 5 clutch hits in the post season. don't count him out!

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
1995BBRefractorGuy said:
mredsox89 said:
G $MONEY$ said:
we [strike:2wnqsmt2]might[/strike:2wnqsmt2] have seen Vladdy bat for the last time as an Angel.

i already posted this tonight but since someone wanted to make a thread bashing vlad.... this was the first year he hasn't hit 25HR and hit .300, he had 380 AB's and if you extrapolate his numbers over a full year he would have hit more than 25 HR's and hit .300 again... for the 12th year in a row. he is 2 years younger than ex-roid machine abreu and hit .370 with 3 doubles, a HR, and 5 clutch hits in the post season. don't count him out!

I never said he was done.

trademhigh

Aug 10, 2008
1995BBRefractorGuy said:
mredsox89 said:
G $MONEY$ said:
we [strike:27iuhvc2]might[/strike:27iuhvc2] have seen Vladdy bat for the last time as an Angel.

He's definitely not finished, he just might be finished with the Angels.

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
1995BBRefractorGuy said:
mredsox89 said:
G $MONEY$ said:
we [strike:2o2p8u31]might[/strike:2o2p8u31] have seen Vladdy bat for the last time as an Angel.

+100
He and Lou Gehrig are the only 2 in the history of the MLB to do it 12 consecutive years (.300 25+HR)
He is slipping though, but I sure hope to see him join the 500HR club!

vladbest2.jpg
vladdyrefractor.jpg

vladdy_sp_auto_bgs9.jpg
vlad_westpalm.jpg
vladdy2nice.jpg

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
while i agree he would've put up those numbers had he played a full season...the fact is, he didn't. anyone who signs Vlad to a long term contract is just downright FOOLISH.

"A-roid" looks like he can play another 8 years. Vlad looks like he'll be lucky to get through 2 more seasons. In all honesty, Vlad is one of my favorite players and it pains me a bit.

I don't know if it is b/c the way he has treated his body over the years or what, but he seems to get worse and worse physically every year. This guy had one of the strongest cannons five years ago and today he's in the DH-role full time.

He's a sure-fire HOF'er (IMO), but he'll need 5-6 more years of productive baseball to go down as one of the all-time BEST and I don't think he has it.

1995BBRefractorGuy said:
mredsox89 said:
G $MONEY$ said:
we [strike:1044lybs]might[/strike:1044lybs] have seen Vladdy bat for the last time as an Angel.

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
markakis8 said:
He's a sure-fire HOF'er (IMO), but he'll need 5-6 more years of productive baseball to go down as one of the all-time BEST and I don't think he has it.

I guess you would have to provide your definition of one of the all-time BEST for me to agree or disagree with your definition, but IMHO, he has already met that plateau. When you figure how many players there have been since the existence of baseball, he is definitely in the top 1% which is quite extraordinary and a level that Markakis could only dream of reaching.

He's already in the top 50 ALL TIME on baseballreference's HOF monitor.

Members online