Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Some of you got ur wish... Steve Phillips Fired by ESPN

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
abncollectsautos said:
Behind Peter Gammons and Buster Olney, I would rank Steve Phillips. Much better than listening to Joe Morgan's boring ass for three hours.

My #1 is Tim Kurkjian.... the rest rank a close 2nd. Buster and Steve Phillips are real good on Mike & Mike.... dont really care for Gammons that much.

abncollectsautos

Aug 9, 2008
Georgia
P_Manning 18 said:
abncollectsautos said:
Behind Peter Gammons and Buster Olney, I would rank Steve Phillips. Much better than listening to Joe Morgan's boring ass for three hours.

My #1 is Tim Kurkjian.... the rest rank a close 2nd. Buster and Steve Phillips are real good on Mike & Mike.... dont really care for Gammons that much.

Forgot about old Timmy, he is up there. Been away for awhil and forgot him. I stand corrected; 1. Buster, 2. Kurkjian, 3. Gammons, 4.Phillips

justinmandawg

Aug 7, 2008
Kansas City
None of these companies care anything about their people. They care about the perception of their people. They don't care what you are doing as long as you don't get caught. If you get caught you are fired.

cubfan131

Aug 18, 2008
justinmandawg said:
None of these companies care anything about their people. They care about the perception of their people. They don't care what you are doing as long as you don't get caught. If you get caught you are fired.

ESPN has a long history or sexual harassment claims/lawsuits. They really didn't have a choice but to fire Phillips.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
for me personally it's guys like Phillips, Kruky, and Chris Singleton that I like. They know the ins and outs about the game of professional baseball, have personality and fare well in front of the camera MOST of the time. I love when Kruky or Singleton break down the essentials of the game on baseball tonight such as tandem relays, squeeze plays, etc.

I do appreciate Timmy, Peter, and Buster...but they are the sport writers with personality and that's why they are on Baseball Tonight. They have the same information any other sport writer has....just those guys can't bode well in front of a TV camera. And kudos to them - they are never boring.

I miss Harold Reynolds on BB Tonight, that's for damn sure...

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
markakis8 said:

Heres hoping Phillips signs with MLB Network in the coming months. After the WS they have 4 months to fill before ST. I really liked the shows they put on when they first started. I think a cast of Harold Reynolds, Steve Phillips and Barry Larkin would be really nice.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
I'm moving in a week and hopefully my cable company there will carry MLB network...unlike where I have lived for the past 2 years :?

P_Manning 18 said:
markakis8 said:

Heres hoping Phillips signs with MLB Network in the coming months. After the WS they have 4 months to fill before ST. I really liked the shows they put on when they first started. I think a cast of Harold Reynolds, Steve Phillips and Barry Larkin would be really nice.

KC37

Aug 7, 2008
Massachusetts
P_Manning 18 said:
markakis8 said:

Phillips can take over for Plesac - I can't stand listening to him.

Members online