Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Andrew McCutchen Named MLB ROY by Baseball America

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
Baseball America today named Pirates outfielder Andrew McCutchen their Rookie of the Year. McCutchen hit .286 with 26 doubles, 9 triples, 12 home runs, 54 RBI and 22 stolen bases in 108 games after being called up in early June. hopefully this will help propel him toward earning the NL ROY in a few weeks.

Pirates.com

let's see some McCutchen cards

2004BowmanChromeDraftAFLAC.jpg
2005BowmanChromeDraft.jpg

2005BowmanChromeBGS.jpg
2005ToppsUpdate.jpg

Jays_Cards

Jan 1, 2009
Huffamaniac said:
that is awful. If you were to pick a hitter, Coghlan was much better then MCCutchen.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Much better? I dont think so...

McCutchen - .286, 26 2Bs, 9 3Bs, 12 HRs, 74 R, 54 RBI, 22 SBs, .836 OPS, .368 wOBA, 3.4 WAR, $15.3M value

Coghlan - .321, 31 2Bs, 6 3Bs, 9 HRs, 84 R, 54 RBI, 8SB, .850 OPS, .372 wOBA, 2.4 WAR, $10.8M value

Considering Coghlan had almost 75 more ABs, I would say their batting statistics are nearly identical. Obviously, Coghlan hit for a higher average, but almost all other batting statistics are identical. When speed and defense are factored in, McCutchen was a significantly better player this year overall, however.

EDIT: As far as cards go, I one of these but it is not scanned...

!B(ClRog!Wk~$(KGrHgoH-E!EjlLl0T+JBK,Psq8rJg~~_12.jpg

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
And to think he wasn't even the best rookie on his TEAM!

Hope he gets some nice hardware from Baseball America, because Hanson will win the real award.

shephech

Aug 18, 2008
Oh Canada......
EricInCT said:

Hope he gets some nice hardware from Baseball America, because Hanson will win the real award.

Oh I wouldn't argue if Hanson got the award either.

Shep :ugeek:

crosby87

Jul 7, 2009
Pittsburgh
Cutch should win the real roy award too. It is a lot easier for a pitcher to do well, then a hitter. Especially a hitter with no lineup around him. Cutch had at least 2 walkoffs maybe he had a 3rd I can't remember?

shephech

Aug 18, 2008
Oh Canada......
crosby87 said:
Cutch should win the real roy award too. It is a lot easier for a pitcher to do well, then a hitter. Especially a hitter with no lineup around him. Cutch had at least 2 walkoffs maybe he had a 3rd I can't remember?

Your sig speaks volumes :p Even though I wouldn't argue if Andrew did win for real... But Hanson was awesome and lived up to the hype.

Shep :ugeek:

bodiaz

Jan 19, 2009
Stats almost identical? Yeah except that 40 point diffence in average! The fact that Coughlin had more ABs makes that MORE impressive! I find it funny the guys that stick up for McCutchen are the guys that have thousands of dollars wrapped up in his crappy cards! Coughlin is much better, and so are Hanson and Happ!

BowmanChromeAddict

Aug 8, 2008
Downingtown, PA
EricInCT said:

Just cause you keep repeating yourself, it doesn't mean it will HAPPen. JA will win the NL award...and rightfully so.

Members online

Latest posts