Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Showing off my 5 New Custom Cut Sigs! Scans

Which one is your favorite?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chisox2008

Aug 10, 2008
Chicago
Hey Fellas,
As you may remember, I showed off my first effort at Custom cuts a few weeks ago. Over the last month or so, I've made 5 new ones. I think I've improved on both my designs as well as craftsmanship. Anyways, Here are the scans of the 3 Old ones first as well as the 5 new ones after. I've also added a poll for you to choose your favorite one.

Comments are always appreciated.
Thanks,
Chris

Monte Irvin:
DSCF4932.jpg

Duke Snider:
DSCF4938.jpg

Leon Day:
DSCF4937.jpg

NEW ONES:

Early Wynn:
DSCF5009.jpg

Rick Ferrell:
DSCF5005.jpg

Pete Gray:
DSCF5007.jpg

Cecil Travis:
DSCF5008.jpg

Billy Herman:
DSCF5006.jpg

And here is what the backs look like, they're all the same design, just different biographies:
DSCF5011.jpg

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
My favorite is the Ferrell simply because seeing the signature of "Richard B. Ferrell" is an oddity for a fairly common HOF autograph.

Like last time...definitely hone those knife skills, especially if you are going to hand cut a curved edge like the arm.

Either way...you can see the progress and that's great.

chisox2008

Aug 10, 2008
Chicago
Thanks guys! Hopefully I'll make more in the future and continue to improve by cutting. I just need to find some more cheap autos... :eek:

nurvanna

Feb 18, 2009
phoenix, az
i like the look of these.

with the manufactured cut signature cards it makes sense to state "authentic cut signature", however on custom cut cards, in my opinion, i feel that those don't need to have "authentic cut signature" anywhere on them.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
I wonder if any of these old checking accounts are still around where they include the account number?

Great job..

I like the Pete Gray auto myself..

chisox2008

Aug 10, 2008
Chicago
Pinbreaker said:
I wonder if any of these old checking accounts are still around where they include the account number?

Great job..

I like the Pete Gray auto myself..

I wondered that same thing when I got the checks. :lol: Hopefully this isn't against the law in any way!

imac220

Aug 14, 2008
Central PA
The only suggestion I have for you, is when you are cutting the inside box where the autos go, do it with a straight edge.

I use a 6 inch ruler. Here is one I made a few days ago with a straight edge.

scan0038.jpg

As far as getting more signatures to make into cuts, I would go down the trail of TTM with index cards. That is how I got that auto above.

But all-in-all very good job!

chisox2008

Aug 10, 2008
Chicago
Thanks bro! I do use a straight edge as well as a razor blade, but haven't quite mastered the art yet. The curved edge ones are a bit tougher, but they look nicer end the end. I love the idea of ttm as well. Maybe I'll try sending a few of those out.
Thanks again,
Chris

imac220 said:
The only suggestion I have for you, is when you are cutting the inside box where the autos go, do it with a straight edge.

scan0038.jpg

As far as getting more signatures to make into cuts, I would go down the trail of TTM with index cards. That is how I got that auto above.

imac220

Aug 14, 2008
Central PA
chisox2008 said:
Thanks bro! I do use a straight edge as well as a razor blade, but haven't quite mastered the art yet. The curved edge ones are a bit tougher, but they look nicer end the end. I love the idea of ttm as well. Maybe I'll try sending a few of those out.
Thanks again,
Chris

imac220 said:

scan0038.jpg

Oh dont get me wrong, I am far from perfect yet lol.

Good luck with your future cuts!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts