Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ever thought about just taking a negative out of principle?

So what would you do?

• Send the card & risk a hit on the ratings

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Refund his money and get a possible negative

• Refund his money, risk a negative, &tell the guy off

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommyfro21

Aug 8, 2008
Now, I'm not saying I want a negative, but I came across a buyer who rubbed me the wrong way. I'd like to know what the FCB community would do.

Typically, if I do not receive payment after 4-5 days on eBay, I will send out a 2nd invoice as a reminder. This usually helps out the buyer because sometimes they just simply overlook the first one. Anyway, I send my 2nd invoice out to a buyer. I remembered the next day that the UPI is now 4 days, not 7. I figured I would go ahead and send it since it was 6 days after the purchase. Nothing mean about it, just a reminder to pay for an item.

Well, I get an email from the buyer basically saying I had some nerve to file the UPI because sometimes funds are tight, etc. He then tells me that I should practically be ashamed of myself for having poor communication and service because I have in my description that payment is due in 7 days. I simply forgot to make the change when the new policy changed over. The seller then says that it doesn't matter anyway because he is paying that night, which is the 7th day. He even went as far as saying I never emailed him about it before I filed the UPI.

I sent back a polite response stating that I had and I always send a 2nd just to be safe. I also acknowledge that I needed to make the change in my description and I apologized.

Well, the guy waits until the 8th day to pay. I feel like the guy is being a little hypocritical. He blasts me for wanting to be paid and then he wants to break the 7 day rule anyway to pay.

So what would you do? I'm sure he will leave me a WONDERFUL comment and rating. Part of me wants to say that my auction says 7 days and he still chose not to pay on time. I'm not saying what I plan on doing.

I want to hear what YOU would do if you were in my shoes...

Discuss..... :)

Slette

Jul 24, 2009
St Paul
Drop the hammer on him. It sounds like he is going to ding you anyway, two-way street that fool.

Vagrant

May 2, 2009
Well, at least he paid. I see no reason to be vindictive. Send him his card and if he really rubbed you the wrong way then block him.

Too much aggression in the world these days. Take a deep breath, man. Even if he does hurt your ebay rating, it's just a rating and people out there know idiots lower it for no reason. I wouldn't put any stock into it.

LaneyB

Aug 7, 2008
North Carolina
Or what you could do is take the email address that he pays you with and sign it up for coupons and **** emails from 46 different websites - and also take the negative.

tommyfro21

Aug 8, 2008
LaneyB said:
Or what you could do is take the email address that he pays you with and sign it up for coupons and **** emails from 46 different websites - and also take the negative.

OK, this made me laugh...never would have thought of that in 100 years.

Not doing it, but funny.

prospectorgems

Nov 29, 2008
Wisconsin
tommyfro21 said:
LaneyB said:

Not doing it, but funny.

So that's where all that **** comes from.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
prospectorgems said:
tommyfro21 said:
LaneyB said:

Not doing it, but funny.

So that's where all that **** comes from.

Dude that is brilliant!

:lol:

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Basically, if you look at this from a buyer's perspective, the wham-bam of the "hey, second notice, just a friendly reminder" to "Hey, dead-beat, pay up! I got eBay involved now" seems a little quick and annoying.

Now, having said that, I can tell, just as I think you've surmised, that this guy is A) a *****/hypocrite, B) bought something and didn't have the money to pay for it when he should have, or C) both A&B; I lean toward "C".

I would just kill him with kindness. If you want to back out of this whole situation, say you confused HIS auction with another auction and "accidentally" sent him the UPI. It would be believable since they came so close together. Then, once you have the positive FB, block him so you don't have to deal with him again. But this is only if you really want to cover your feedback status.

Just some input.

tommyfro21

Aug 8, 2008
hive17 said:
Basically, if you look at this from a buyer's perspective, the wham-bam of the "hey, second notice, just a friendly reminder" to "Hey, dead-beat, pay up! I got eBay involved now" seems a little quick and annoying.

Now, having said that, I can tell, just as I think you've surmised, that this guy is A) a *****/hypocrite, B) bought something and didn't have the money to pay for it when he should have, or C) both A&B; I lean toward "C".

I would just kill him with kindness. If you want to back out of this whole situation, say you confused HIS auction with another auction and "accidentally" sent him the UPI. It would be believable since they came so close together. Then, once you have the positive FB, block him so you don't have to deal with him again. But this is only if you really want to cover your feedback status.

Just some input.

I think you made some good points. I thought about the fact that I was sending the UPI too close to it, but I didn't want to wait almost another week for that to finalize. I already told him why I sent the UPI. It gets people's attention when they overlook stuff even by accident.

I do think your "C" assumption is correct. I am surprised because I have seen this guy on eBay tons of times before. The guy has well over 4000 in feedback and didn't seem to have the money to pay for a week. And for him to say he would pay on the 7th day after giving me a lecture just annoyed me.

I've already determined what I am going to do though. He will ultimately be blocked too.

I debated whether or not to list his name on here. Not sure if anyone else would want to deal with the guy. I even wondered if it would reveal any other issues people may have had with him.

Latest posts