Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1997 Zenith Question. Do these cards exists?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cbrandtw

Sep 12, 2008
Daphne, AL
I have on my player checklist a 1997 Zenith the Big Picture but I can't find the card of my guy or any other player for that matter. The card is not even listed in the Beckett price guide. Does someone have a scan of what one looks like or do they even exist? Coincidentally my player (A-Rod) has the same card number as his 8 x 10 insert #13.

Thank you

tonsofcommons

Aug 20, 2008
Iowa
You just can't get anyone to help you on this, can you?

I have never heard of them or seen anything of them. But I am far from an expert.

Good luck man.

brumbach

If these are what I think they are, I remember seeing them in Toys R Us back in 1997/98. They were huge, like 2 x3 feet or something like that, smaller than a poster but much larger than the 8x10's. They were in a larger plastic sleave hanging from pegs near the front of the store. I saw Roger Clemens but didn't look through the rest, I wasn't interested in anything that large and probably nobody else was either which is why they are so hard to find now. Probably a pallet of them sitting around in a TRU warehouse somewhere.

Cobra29svt

Aug 7, 2008
Richmond, Va
brumbach said:
If these are what I think they are, I remember seeing them in Toys R Us back in 1997/98. They were huge, like 2 x3 feet or something like that, smaller than a poster but much larger than the 8x10's. They were in a larger plastic sleave hanging from pegs near the front of the store. I saw Roger Clemens but didn't look through the rest, I wasn't interested in anything that large and probably nobody else was either which is why they are so hard to find now. Probably a pallet of them sitting around in a TRU warehouse somewhere.

I believe you're thinking of the Pinnacle cards.

cbrandtw

Sep 12, 2008
Daphne, AL
Cobra29svt said:
brumbach said:

I believe you're thinking of the Pinnacle cards.

yes, those are the 1998 Pinnacle Uncut cards.

Cobra, I am looking at my player checklist I printed off of Beckett that I use as a folder for quick reference if I have a card or not. If it exist it would have to be an insert that other star players are in. Do you have a list of Frank's cards from '97? I'm sure he would have been in the set.

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
Just took a look on the back of the box and a pack and there is no mention of them. Of course these are the 8x10 boxes so I don't know about the normal size card packs.

Could scan the back of a box later if you'd like and it'd help ease your mind :lol:

cbrandtw

Sep 12, 2008
Daphne, AL
Fandruw25 said:
Just took a look on the back of the box and a pack and there is no mention of them. Of course these are the 8x10 boxes so I don't know about the normal size card packs.

Could scan the back of a box later if you'd like and it'd help ease your mind :lol:

I trust you. I'm just going to ignore it and never look for it again. Thanks

allstars

Mar 17, 2009
I think I remember an oversize all-dufex card from that product, in fact I think I had the FThomas at one point...

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
JoshHamilton said:
The Big Picture is just the technical name for the 8x10 set that comes 1/pack

I would tend to agree with this. They all are numbered the same as the 8x10 and 8x10 dufex set. I have a feeling, Beckett just double lists the same set under the a different name.

ronfromfresno

Aug 7, 2008
Fresno, CA
BunchOBull said:
JoshHamilton said:

I would tend to agree with this. They all are numbered the same as the 8x10 and 8x10 dufex set. I have a feeling, Beckett just double lists the same set under the a different name.

You mean these:

Regualr 8 X 10 Gwynn
1997ZenithGwynn8x10.jpg

Dufex 8 x 10's:
Griffey Jr, I still need to send this to Magic
1997ZenithGriffeyJr8x10Dufex.jpg

Clemens
1997ZenithClemens8x10Dufex.jpg

Belle
1997ZenithBelle8x10Dufex.jpg

Jeter
1997ZenithJeter8x10Dufex.jpg

Be8el0ve

Aug 7, 2008
New Jersey
ronfromfresno said:
BunchOBull said:
JoshHamilton said:

You mean these:

Dufex 8 x 10's:

Jeter
1997ZenithJeter8x10Dufex.jpg

What a BEAUTY! I've never seen that one before.

Be8el0ve

Aug 7, 2008
New Jersey
I have a few regular 8" x 10's and 8 x 10" dufex if anyone really needs there player... plus this one, were these harder to pull?

8" x 10"
Jones8x10V2.jpg

carrsallstars

Sep 16, 2009
I think I can say the A-rod exists:

arod1-Copy.jpg

arod2-Copy.jpg

I'm not an a-rod collector either so lemme know if you want to trade or send me a few bucks. I collect Manny Ramirez and 1998 bowman chrome inserts.

cbrandtw

Sep 12, 2008
Daphne, AL
BunchOBull said:
JoshHamilton said:

This seems to make sense. I just wanted to make sure there wasn't another licensed card not recognized by Beckett like the '97 Score Stand and Deliver Gold.

Carrsallstars, thanks for the offer but I have that card.

carrsallstars

Sep 16, 2009
cbrandtw said:
I have on my player checklist a 1997 Zenith the Big Picture but I can't find the card of my guy or any other player for that matter. The card is not even listed in the Beckett price guide. Does someone have a scan of what one looks like or do they even exist? Coincidentally my player (A-Rod) has the same card number as his 8 x 10 insert #13.

Thank you

? Guess I misunderstood that "can't find the card of my guy...do they even exist?" to mean that you did not have one ;)

That Jeter is sweet looking, but that Griffey was amazing. All of that Museum action in on place!

Members online

Latest posts