Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2005 Playoff Prestige Playoff Champions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VizquelCollector.com

Jul 31, 2009
Anyone have any of these sets, or singles from them? I know they were all pretty rare.

I'm only missing two versions of #72 Omar Vizquel, and am EXTREMELY interested in tracking them down.

I need
AL Western Division Champions #72
NL Wild Card #72

Dupes to trade
AL Eastern Division Champions #72
AL Central Division Champions #72
World Series Champions #72

Anyone have these?

Also, do any of you player-collectors have the full set for your player?

theplasticman

Nov 21, 2008
Good luck! I trust you've search Beckett Marketplace and Ebay stores? I've never seen the two you need (I need those as well for Bucky) in set or single form. I missed the auction on the 3rd card I need.

I'm only missing 3 of the Bucky Jacobsen's:
2005 Playoff Prestige Playoff Champions AL West /17
2005 Playoff Prestige Playoff Champions AL Wild Card /13
2005 Playoff Prestige Playoff Champions NL Wild Card /15

If anyone has them... let me know :)

Here are the print runs for the cards if anyone needed the info...

2005 Playoff Prestige Print runs
AL West 17
AL East 20
AL Central 27
AL League Champs 12
AL Wild Card 13

NL West 18
NL East 18
NL Central 21
NL League Champs 7
NL Wild Card 15

World Series 19

mgsherm

Aug 7, 2008
Jacksonville, Florida
WOW, someone asking about this set!

I am the proud owner of the AL West Division Champions Set. Have never seriously thought of breaking it up though, but may be swayed if there are enough player collectors interested.

Cool story- When Donruss sent me the set I looked through it and they sent me a NL West Derek Jeter. I contacted them and the sent me the correct card. So now I have both AL and NL West Jeters.

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
I got the NL Central set. Sent in this card...

Cardinals.jpg

Mostly to get this card...

pujolsprestige.jpg

I have sold/given away many of them, I still have a lot, too. Anybody can ask me for their player and I will gladly look. When I got my set, I was short Nolan Ryan and Jeter! (had an extra Ivan Rodruguez--not an equal trade!) Sent them an e-mail or two about it, and never heard a word from them.

Thanks for posting the print runs. Are these confirmed by Beckett?

VizquelCollector.com

Jul 31, 2009
mgsherm said:

I am the proud owner of the AL West Division Champions Set. Have never seriously thought of breaking it up though, but may be swayed if there are enough player collectors interested.

Cool story- When Donruss sent me the set I looked through it and they sent me a NL West Derek Jeter. I contacted them and the sent me the correct card. So now I have both AL and NL West Jeters.

WOW, this is EXACTLY what I was hoping for! I have to imagine you'd be able to get at least $5 for common players, maybe $10 to $15 for bigger names, and who knows how much for Pujols and company.

Very cool of Donruss to send you the correct card. I miss those guys.

Resident Bay Fan

Aug 7, 2008
Northern Maine
Do you have the Jason Bay #63 and/or the Piazza #31? I'd be interested in both.

Art

Greg Cleveland said:

Cardinals.jpg

pujolsprestige.jpg

I have sold/given away many of them, I still have a lot, too. Anybody can ask me for their player and I will gladly look. When I got my set, I was short Nolan Ryan and Jeter! (had an extra Ivan Rodruguez--not an equal trade!) Sent them an e-mail or two about it, and never heard a word from them.

AndruwHRJones

Aug 9, 2008
Greg Cleveland said:

Do you still have the Andruw Jones? If so, I would be interested.

AndruwHRJones

Aug 9, 2008
mgsherm said:

Mark me down for the Andruw Jones if you decide to break the set. I am sure you could make some decent money by breaking up the set. It may take some time and effort however.

jarcar

Aug 7, 2008
Vancouver Canada
I only have 3 so far:

AL Champs
NL Champs
NL West

I got 2 from ebay and one from Mr Greg Clevland, thanks again sir. :D

mgsherm if you do decide to break up the set I'd be interested in the Walkers I don't have.

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
I have a Tejada available.

Tejada 2005 Playoff Prestige ALCD Champs SP\'d 27
Tejada2005PlayoffPrestigeALCDChamps.jpg

Tejada 2005 Prestige Playoff Changing Stripes Holo Foil 15-25
Tejada2005PrestigePlayoffChangingSt.jpg

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
These are the only ones I'm missing these:

NL Wild card /15
AL Wild card /13
AL West /17

Oh, and I have two of the four combo cards. Were these the redemptions?

subject to change

Aug 7, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
I only have only seen one copy for Jack Wilson, which I own. I believe it was the AL West, but I could be wrong.

Greg, if you happen to have the Wilson (or any other Pirates from the set) available, let me know. I'd definitely be interested in them.

VizquelCollector.com

Jul 31, 2009
Sorry guys, I had to edit my original post to clarify that I don't have 3 entire sets available for trade, just the Vizquel cards from them. Sorry if that got your hopes up, my bad, not my intention!

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
I was able to pick up one Ken Griffey Jr. in a trade. It's the NL West Champs. Would love to track down the others. I have 0 of the Adam Dunn ones.

Greg Cleveland- If you still have any of the Adam Dunn cards, I would be interested.

mgsherm- If you ever decided to break it up, I would be interested in the Griffeys and Dunns.

theplasticman

Nov 21, 2008
mgsherm said:

Let me know if you break. I'd gladly pay $5 for the Bucky Jacobsen!
josh

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
Did some checking, and I'm afraid I don't have a lot of the players you guys are looking for. Dunn is gone, Piazza, Bay and Wilson are gone--even Bucky Jacobsen!--probably went together as a team set. I had sold a few team sets not long after receiving the big set, but it was probably too soon, since no one knew the print run back then and I did not get a lot for them. I do have Andruw Jones, so it's not a total wash!

AndruwHRJones

Aug 9, 2008
Greg Cleveland said:
Did some checking, and I'm afraid I don't have a lot of the players you guys are looking for. Dunn is gone, Piazza, Bay and Wilson are gone--even Bucky Jacobsen!--probably went together as a team set. I had sold a few team sets not long after receiving the big set, but it was probably too soon, since no one knew the print run back then and I did not get a lot for them. I do have Andruw Jones, so it's not a total wash!

Thanks also for taking the time to check. I sent you a pm regarding the card.

Members online