Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Razor big names bringing in dough

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KandKCards

Aug 8, 2008
I mean, I know it'll go higher, but that's like 2x what a base EEE sells for, and it's 100x more scarce. Hardly "big dough"...but when product awareness rises, maybe those things will go higher.

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
BowmanChromeAddict said:
This is a second year card of Wieters and isn't even completed yet. That is big money at this point for that card with the potential to go higher.

BowmanChromAddict gave the CORRECT answer.

Most of the initial listings haven't even ended yet. Also, if you want to compare the 2 thats fine, but if the prices are indeed comparable; then I'd call it a success considering Topps/Bowman operates under a Monopoly and has a MLBPA license and Razor simply had to create this niche on their own.

A_Pharis

arod305 said:
Yeah 5 cards from the whole set. That really isn't big dough in BDP terms

Dude, compare the number of autos in Razor boxes to the number in Bowman boxes. The value in Razor is far far better... and this is Razor's initial draft release! Bowman has been around HOW MANY YEARS?

That's Well Established Name Vs. Rookie.

Yes... $200+ with time to go is big dough.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
KandKCards said:
I mean, I know it'll go higher, but that's like 2x what a base EEE sells for, and it's 100x more scarce. Hardly "big dough"...but when product awareness rises, maybe those things will go higher.

When elite released the weiters was more like 25.00

arod305

Aug 7, 2008
A_Pharis said:
arod305 said:

Dude, compare the number of autos in Razor boxes to the number in Bowman boxes. The value in Razor is far far better... and this is Razor's initial draft release! Bowman has been around HOW MANY YEARS?

Yeah the boxes are more expensive and 80% of the autos you get in a box are GARBAGE. Over 3/4 of the checklist is complete garbage

A_Pharis

arod305 said:
A_Pharis said:
arod305 said:

Yeah the boxes are more expensive and 80% of the autos you get in a box are GARBAGE. Over 3/4 of the checklist is complete garbage

Then the product isn't for you. No need for the constant anti-Razor campaign.

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
arod305 said:
A_Pharis said:
arod305 said:

Someone doesn't know how prospecting works.

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
AKA Coastal said:
arod305 said:
[quote="A_Pharis":1db8lru7]
arod305 said:

Someone doesn't know how prospecting works.[/quote:1db8lru7]

Every post he makes in a Razor thread is a negative one.

KandKCards

Aug 8, 2008
Adamsince1981 said:
BowmanChromeAddict said:
This is a second year card of Wieters and isn't even completed yet. That is big money at this point for that card with the potential to go higher.

Most of the initial listings haven't even ended yet. Also, if you want to compare the 2 thats fine, but if the prices are indeed comparable; then I'd call it a success considering Topps/Bowman operates under a Monopoly and has a MLBPA license and Razor simply had to create this niche on their own.
Where did I compare it to topps/bowman? I compared it to a card that actually exists, not a hypothetical card.
My issue with the product is the fact that this card is THE card in the set. When you open a box, you're hoping to pull a /5 of Beckham or Wieters. Let's go ahead and just say it doubles in price before it ends (which is generous). That means the best card in the set is worth $500. That just doesn't seem high enough for me.

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
KandKCards said:
Adamsince1981 said:
BowmanChromeAddict said:

Where did I compare it to topps/bowman? I compared it to a card that actually exists, not a hypothetical card.
My issue with the product is the fact that this card is THE card in the set. When you open a box, you're hoping to pull a /5 of Beckham or Wieters. Let's go ahead and just say it doubles in price before it ends (which is generous). That means the best card in the set is worth $500. That just doesn't seem high enough for me.

I didn't respond to you. I simply agreed with BCA and added a little of my own opinion. Do you need a nap?

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
KandKCards said:
Adamsince1981 said:
BowmanChromeAddict said:

Do you really not understand how the prospect game works? 04-08 Donruss Elite doesn't have HUGE pulls ,but plenty of people including myself have made money on it. There's two things Razor did wrnog with this set. They numbered the base autographs and didn't create a 1/1 card for every player. Other than that its damn near perfect. PLENTY of money will made from this set down the road.

trademhigh

Aug 10, 2008
BowmanChromeAddict said:
If Bowman Chrome had a Red Ref Auto of his, it would say FIRST Bowman Chrome card. With that being said, it would sell way higher as bowman chrome, so I don't see how you can say that's a lot of money for a Wieters Auto/5. Of course, it's hard to compare with Razor being unlicensed and it's its first Prospect set, but even still.

trademhigh

Aug 10, 2008
jcmint said:
KandKCards said:

How is that a fair comparison? That was way before wieters got recognition.

jet0002

Aug 7, 2008
Pelham, AL
trademhigh said:
jcmint said:
KandKCards said:

The price now is before razor gets recognition.

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
trademhigh said:
BowmanChromeAddict said:
If Bowman Chrome had a Red Ref Auto of his, it would say FIRST Bowman Chrome card. With that being said, it would sell way higher as bowman chrome, so I don't see how you can say that's a lot of money for a Wieters Auto/5.

Wieters has a 2007 Elite autograph. This Razor version is an unlicensed 2nd year autograph going for over $200.

A 2008 BC Wieters Red Refractor auto would go for more than a Razor, but that would be his first card by a company that holds a MLBPA license.

lordsepic

Aug 9, 2008
trademhigh said:
jcmint said:
KandKCards said:

Every prospector new of wieters before that card... the guy has the tools to be a very feared catchers for a long while.

Members online

Latest posts