Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Decisions Decisions.. my player signing locally in 2 weeks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
Ok guys I will finally have my opportunity to meet and have Jose Canseco sign something personally for my collection.. but Im looking for opinions on what it should be.

I will have a card signed for sure.. has to be A's uniform but year not important. Definately want it inscribed as well. Looking for opinions as to what A's card from my collection I should pull and replace later on. I don't want to do the 86RR because I plan to buy the Recollection certified auto down the road and its also just an ugly card IMO. I want to pick a good looking card that you don't often see signed and also looking for pen color/type to have it signed with. If you have any suggestions post em up or look through my collection and pick out a card/cards that you think would look awesome autographed.

I might have some kind of index card or whatever signed and inscribed as well with the intention of having 200lbhockeyplayer make me a custom cut auto card with later on. what would be a good thing to use for this?

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
Jersey would be nice.. not in the budget right now. 8x10 is something I will probably do since I can have it made into a wall mount plaque or framed.

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
This is his key rookie, not topps...pay extra to have it inscribed

you can get one of his more "oddball rookies" signed, but it won't be as classic or carry as much weight, but if thats what you want in your pc....wouldn't be my choice.
1st 40-40
1986 ROY
1988 AL MVP

1986_Canseco.jpg

KLARNOLD

Sep 17, 2008
Owensboro, KY
I would get one of these signed:

1985 Huntsville Stars
1986 Donruss The Rookies
1986 Donruss Highlights
1986 Fleer Update
1986 Topps Traded Tiffany

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
how bout the 1991 score dream team card of him shirtless inscribed the godfather of roids.. that would be sweet!

Im thinking about having the 86 topps traded tiffany done if I do a rookie.. even though the 86RR is the card of the 80's I think its ugly and being a PC item not a most value item I would rather have a card design I like autographed. I like the 89 upper deck card as well but I would prefer one of him with an in action shot swinging.

Sly

Aug 7, 2008
I personally am partial to the Official MLB ball. RIght on the sweet spot and inscribed would be sweet!!

Good luck and post scans with whatever you do.

ronfromfresno

Aug 7, 2008
Fresno, CA
Is there something that you always wish you could have signed when you were younger? Any card, magazine cover, 8 x 10, shirt, jacket, whatever that as a kid you wished Canseco could sign? I finally got to meet Will Clark a couple of years ago and there was a jacket I used to wear to every game that I attended in hopes that I'd have the opportunity to have Clark sign it. I waited about 15 years to have the jacket signed, and it looks great. So, I'd say pick something that has the ultimate meaning to you, whatever that is, even if it's a bad 4 x 6 picture you took at a game. Really, it's all about the experience of meeting Canseco and having that memory in your personal collection.

My Clark jacket:
IMG_2592.jpg

Clark high fiving my son, also named Will:
IMG_2587.jpg

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
ronfromfresno said:
Great looking card, 1992 Pinnacle Slugfest or the 1990 Examiners Best 8 x 10's as well.

This card is high gloss and looks like its meant for an on card auto.. what ink would be good for it to not smudge?

I think I'll have it inscribed

ROY 86
MVP 88
1st 40/40 man

Members online