Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Baseball FCB'ers what's your take on E-Checks?!?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shephech

Aug 18, 2008
Oh Canada......
I just added my bank acct to paypal.... and I noticed cash takes 6-8 days to clear from Canada, but it does send the seller an e-check (basically telling them that I intend on paying... and removed the funds from my acct)

Just wondering do people take e-checks as form of payment... or do most wait for it to clear?

And do people even accept them.... I guess I could always bid on auctions that give me 7 days to pay....

What's your take? Do you mind e-checks?

Thanks.

Shep :ugeek:

trademhigh

Aug 10, 2008
E-Checks suck, just my opinion. But, if I allowed shipping to Canada, and you informed me ahead of time about the E-Check (assuming I'm a seller on eBay that you're buying from), then I wouldn't have any problem with it.

chrome_ball

Aug 7, 2008
Michigan
I am OK with e-checks, but the item doesn't ship until the payment clears. I only hope that the buyer is understanding of this when leaving feedback (primarily DSRs).

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008
I had someone pay once by "e-check".
As you said it was pretty much the same as any other paypal payment other than I had the notification of the check submission then it took a few days to clear. I didn't mind since I don't usually list items needing money instantly. I just waited for the check to clear and that I had the funds in my account before sending the card.

Is it an option to not take e-checks? I just kind of figured that it was one of the paypal payment methods so it had to be accepted if you are accepting paypal payments.....it didn;t seem like a problem to me, so I had never even thought of it.

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
rymflaherty said:
I had someone pay once by "e-check".
As you said it was pretty much the same as any other paypal payment other than I had the notification of the check submission then it took a few days to clear. I didn't mind since I don't usually list items needing money instantly. I just waited for the check to clear and that I had the funds in my account before sending the card.

Is it an option to not take e-checks? I just kind of figured that it was one of the paypal payment methods so it had to be accepted if you are accepting paypal payments.....it didn;t seem like a problem to me, so I had never even thought of it.

+1

Ive had times in the past that someone bought a $1-2 item... paid via e-check and since I was making a trip to the PO the next day or 2 I included that item with my stuff and Im sure it arrived about the time the check cleared or even before.

shephech

Aug 18, 2008
Oh Canada......
Ok,

Thanks for the opinions, very helpful.

rymflaherty FYI... I believe you won my contest, never got a PM with your addy.

Thanks.

Shep :ugeek:

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Yeah, no big deal. Just takes longer for $$ to hit your account. It's just because they haven't had a CC added to their account.

Members online