Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

One Of the Most Impressive Wax Cases Ever

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
I tip my hat to the seller for keeping it sealed for 34+ years. If it sells and the buyer busts it, I sure hope the contents aren't damaged after all this time.

[ebay:37lekjho]200392732270[/ebay:37lekjho]

justinmandawg

Aug 7, 2008
Kansas City
i wish i'd have seen that auction in the 2nd or 3rd post. Not for me mind you.

There is a lot of upside to buying the case listed for a reasonable price then breaking it up and grading packs.

muchuckwagon

Oct 8, 2008
Deceased
justinmandawg said:

There is a lot of upside to buying the case listed for a reasonable price then breaking it up and grading packs.

I think it would either be boom or bust....no middle ground. Anyone feel like busting a few cases of Razor Preside.....oh, nevermind.

leatherman

Aug 7, 2008
The Atlanta suburbs
As a 1975 Topps set collector, I have seen many cases of the minis pop up over the last 5 years. However, I have yet to see a case of the regular Topps version. BBC Exchange has a box of regular for $3250, but you could probably have it for $3k. With 16 boxes per case, I think you can see that a case of the regular version will sell for $25-30k easy.

One of these days, I will bust a box of either 1975 Topps, 1975 Topps minis, or 1975 O-Pee-Chee. Although I don't collect the minis or the OPC now, I can't think of a better way of starting than busting a box and slabbing the gradeworthy cards.

David

justinmandawg

Aug 7, 2008
Kansas City
muchuckwagon said:
justinmandawg said:

I think it would either be boom or bust....no middle ground. Anyone feel like busting a few cases of Razor Preside.....oh, nevermind.

The cost of acquiring the case vs breaking it up and selling either graded boxes (sealed) or packs (sealed) is going to be an "easy" profit. Opening the packs, probably not so much.

The razor deal, come on, there were people just as interested as I was. It was a gamble. What I'm talking about is an actual investment and not a gamble.

I look at all of the **** I broke over a couple years and should have been opening old wax and grading my ass off. Now I see the forest for the trees.

muchuckwagon

Oct 8, 2008
Deceased
justinmandawg said:
The razor deal, come on, there were people just as interested as I was. It was a gamble. What I'm talking about is an actual investment and not a gamble.

I know...just busting your balls.

justinmandawg

Aug 7, 2008
Kansas City
muchuckwagon said:
justinmandawg said:

I know it was a joke. A lot of others do not. People act like I made people put their money up on that deal. Hell I lost as much if not more than the others. If we'd have gotten them at cost and my aunt had balls, we'd have been close to break even.

cbrandtw

Sep 12, 2008
Daphne, AL
Seems like boxes sell $750/avg and there are 16 boxes per case so that would mean a case should run around $12K if you boxed it out. However, the huge Robert Edward auction had each case selling for $9K+.

If I had the cash I would buy it and sit on it for at least another 34 years. Pretty impressive.

leatherman

Aug 7, 2008
The Atlanta suburbs
cbrandtw said:
Seems like boxes sell $750/avg and there are 16 boxes per case so that would mean a case should run around $12K if you boxed it out. However, the huge Robert Edward auction had each case selling for $9K+.

If I had the cash I would buy it and sit on it for at least another 34 years. Pretty impressive.

Mini wax boxes from sealed cases sell for $1000 per box. A single loose box will get about $800.

justinmandawg

Aug 7, 2008
Kansas City
ajw said:
There has been a regular trickle of 1975 minis for the last two decades or so. When I was a kid (in the 80's), the minis sold at a premium over the regular issue, but no longer. These cases are not rare, and likely won't be for the foreseeable future. In fact, the guys on the PSA message boards bought and busted an entire case last year sometime. http://forums.collectors.com/messageview.cfm?catid=11&threadid=721256

Rare as compared to what? How many do you know of that are SEALED? Good for the guys on PSA, I'm not sure that something is rare or is not rare because some guys opened it. I am not sure that anyone said anything about overwhelming rarity. Rare in a sealed form, sure.

jeremy

Aug 7, 2008
YOU KNOW
justinmandawg said:
muchuckwagon said:
justinmandawg said:

I know it was a joke. A lot of others do not. People act like I made people put their money up on that deal. Hell I lost as much if not more than the others. If we'd have gotten them at cost and my aunt had balls, we'd have been close to break even.

wouldnt that make her your uncle then?

Members online

Latest posts