Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

So this is what 2.5 million cards looks like

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

prospectorgems

Nov 29, 2008
Wisconsin
I think you would be set for over a year going through each card. Could make some massive team/player lots though. I don't think my upstairs apartment could support the weight of all those cards.

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Holy cow, that's unreal.

I think I'd be a bit leery thought that that many cards only cost him $40,000 to begin with?

js0000001

Oct 1, 2008
Big Mac McGwire said:
15k you say , you would bid on if you had it??

How do you know there not tons and tons of 91 topps football or tons and tons of 87,88,89,90 topps baseball. I bet there aint 1 card thats worth over 50 bucks in that whole lot.

never said I was smart, in fact I make mistake like that all the time

But that a heck of a lot of cards

DaleMurphyCollector

Aug 7, 2008
Imagination Land
2.5 million cards seems high judging from the pictures. I personally have 225 5,000 count boxes in my basement (1.125 million cards) and his pictures don't even compare to my pile of boxes. Maybe these photos don't show everything?

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
DaleMurphyCollector said:
2.5 million cards seems high judging from the pictures. I personally have 225 5,000 count boxes in my basement (1.125 million cards) and his pictures don't even compare to my pile of boxes. Maybe these photos don't show everything?

Overall, there are (18) 3,000 count monster shoeboxes, (300+) 3200 count boxes, and (300+) 5000 count boxes as well as some smaller boxes, sets of cards, etc

Hart to tell from the pictures the exact count, but you can see there is a ton of cards there!

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
DaleMurphyCollector said:

You seriously have that many cards?Good god man!That's a lot of cards.I feel very small fry now.Are most of them just from busting wax or what?Do you keep everything you bust.

To the OP...I wouldn't mind throwing a bid in myself.Trust me...I know a guy who I could feed them to slowly(not literally feed mind you but dole them out) and make that money back.And that would just be for the crappy cards.I'd keep the rest.There is money to be made from them reguardless.Its just a matter of time.

Members online

Latest posts