Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

$311.50 Gift Cert from Blowout - what to do?

What should I do with the GC?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GAbballplayer148

Aug 13, 2008
Sent 178 GU/Autos in and got this. If I used it, I wouldnt add much of my money to it (kinda tight right now), so I would be buying something <$350.

GAbballplayer148

Aug 13, 2008
cgilmo said:
triple threads 100% of it

its worth the dice roll this year

Ehh, but too many boxes und up like this, which I'm not fond of spending $300 on:

Kazmir, Longoria, Price, triple auto
Matsui triple GU /18
Pujols, Berkman, Fielder Triple GU /36
Matt Kemp Rising Stars GU Auto /99

GAbballplayer148

Aug 13, 2008
justinmandawg said:
GAbballplayer148 said:
cgilmo said:
you are subject to that with any wax you buy

But most other products are not THAT hit or miss

I completely disagree with your statement. All products are hit or miss and many are worse than TTT. I should no, I'm a recovering wax addict.

I'm referring to the sheer amount of money lost per box on this product. I doubt there are too many products out there where you will lose 83% of your investment as easily as this one (Assuming you sell your 2 hits for $25, and the box was $150)

justinmandawg

Aug 7, 2008
Kansas City
GAbballplayer148 said:
justinmandawg said:
GAbballplayer148 said:
cgilmo said:

I completely disagree with your statement. All products are hit or miss and many are worse than TTT. I should no, I'm a recovering wax addict.

I'm referring to the sheer amount of money lost per box on this product. I doubt there are too many products out there where you will lose 83% of your investment as easily as this one (Assuming you sell your 2 hits for $25, and the box was $150)

Do you want a list? I'll start with bowman chrome (possible all years), topps base, ud base, ud legendary cuts, sp authentic baseball, donruss threads. I have gotten returns of 10-25 percent on 25% of what I have opened on those, if not more.

GAbballplayer148

Aug 13, 2008
justinmandawg said:
GAbballplayer148 said:
justinmandawg said:
GAbballplayer148 said:
cgilmo said:

Do you want a list? I'll start with bowman chrome (possible all years), topps base, ud base, ud legendary cuts, sp authentic baseball, donruss threads. I have gotten returns of 10-25 percent on 25% of what I have opened on those, if not more.

No need to get testy, but yo umissed my part about the amount of money. Those boxes are generally $40-$80, not $150.

justinmandawg

Aug 7, 2008
Kansas City
GAbballplayer148 said:
justinmandawg said:
GAbballplayer148 said:
justinmandawg said:
GAbballplayer148 said:
[quote="cgilmo":3j9qrpnr]you are subject to that with any wax you buy

No need to get testy, but yo umissed my part about the amount of money. Those boxes are generally $40-$80, not $150.[/quote:3j9qrpnr]

That does sound testy doesn't it? Not what I meant. If I'm you and I need the money, I sell it. If you do see those boxes right at release for 40 please buy them. If you spend it, go with what you like. At the price, what you have at risk, I'm doing ttt. The big hits are soooooooooooo big. Of course, I'm on the wagon, so it doesn't really matter. :)

GAbballplayer148

Aug 13, 2008
justinmandawg said:
GAbballplayer148 said:
justinmandawg said:
GAbballplayer148 said:
justinmandawg said:
[quote="GAbballplayer148":1c5yh07e][quote="cgilmo":1c5yh07e]you are subject to that with any wax you buy

No need to get testy, but yo umissed my part about the amount of money. Those boxes are generally $40-$80, not $150.[/quote:1c5yh07e]

That does sound testy doesn't it? Not what I meant. If I'm you and I need the money, I sell it. If you do see those boxes right at release for 40 please buy them. If you spend it, go with what you like. At the price, what you have at risk, I'm doing ttt. The big hits are soooooooooooo big. Of course, I'm on the wagon, so it doesn't really matter. :)[/quote:1c5yh07e]

Yeah, I was just thinking - damn he got that upset about my response?

I will probably end up selling it just because I am not a big wax breaker and I do need the the money right now. About the $40/per I wasn't referring to at release, but products like 09 Chrome, 08 Chrome, any Topps Base, etc. can be had for right around that price now.

GAbballplayer148

Aug 13, 2008
cgilmo said:

Can't see your image at work, but judging by the file name it is the Soriano you pulled from TTT. I don't have near the luck you do with busting boxes, so TTT is defeinitely out of the question.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Just sell it if you dont want to bust anything

You turned in crappy game used/autos and got a nice chunk back

Honestly, almost $2 each is pretty good.

Sell it to someone and then buy some good singles

Members online

No members online now.