Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2003 Leaf Rookies & Stars - Orange County Collection

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Has anyone ever heard of this leaf rookies and stars subset? Is it legit or is it just some random subset that isn't official?

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
I did a little searching around, and here's my possible conclusion :

There's a seller on Amazon with a plethera of "Orange County /5" cards. Usually with a pack pulled parallel with such a small run, you don't see one person have that many. There's a link below to Amazon.

I'm thinking that maybe it's a national convention issue, or some type of convention, that took place in the Orange County area.

http://www.nextag.com/leaf-rookies-and- ... ducts-html

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
You might have luck asking on the baseball boards. It appears that in 2003 and 2004, Leaf had an "Orange County" #/5 series in baseball.

One of the player collectors there would probably know specifics on how the card was issued.

I see that you also found the Amazon seller.

mrwhitesox30

Oct 7, 2008
It's not a pack-issued parallel. They were probably handed out at some Orange County show in 2003. There's other sets like this from shows in Chicago and I think Atlanta. Some player collectors try to get them, but some look at them like they're an oddball card. A lot of dealers got their hands on them, so if you can find one of your player they'll probably be asking a high price. Of course, no one really likes them except the player collectors so if you put one on Ebay with a $1 starting bid there won't be too much interest.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
If it is a show issued card, like I and mrwhitesox think, I can say that I've picked up two show cards previously. Both are #/5 as well. I can't remember the exact prices, but I got both for $6 or under dlvd.

02gridironkingschicagocollection.png
403donrusselitenationalpromo.png

Members online