Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Fake Pujols Triple Threads Autos - From CU Boards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mudflap02

Jan 23, 2009
Daytona Beach, FL
http://forums.collectors.com/messageview.cfm?catid=11&threadid=746016&STARTPAGE=1

This guy considers himself an expert on Pujols autographs - I honestly believe that he is. He really knows a lot about this one player's sig in particular through the years. I think this latest allegation that he's making is ridiculous. I don't see the advantage of peeling off a Pujols sticker auto and replacing it with a fake Pujols sticker, especially on a 1/1 card. Just wanted to post it here in case anyone missed it over there.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
I didn't read the responses on that board, but what could the rationale be for pulling a sticker from what was potentially a $300-$400 card when there are "realatively" cheaper Pujols autos to rob from?

I don't know what's going on with those stickers, but "Altering" doesn't seem to be it. Doesn't pass the sniff test.

ffgameman

Aug 7, 2008
Kentucky
I have no clue why someone would ruin such a good card(s)....but the stickers and autographs definitely look off on each one of those cards.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Just because they look "off" isnt enough to deter myself, or most buyers

Especially on sticker autos

The logic behind switching stickers on a 1/1 card makes no sense. Besides, it is more than likely that he signed them in a hurry

Just because the top line of the "A" doesnt match 99% of every other auto doesnt mean it's fake.

ffgameman

Aug 7, 2008
Kentucky
What gets me more than anything is the different look to the sticker and thicker pen....but almost every 09 TTT Pujols on eBay looks like that.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
First off, that guy is a *******. He is not an expert by any means

Second, the Pujols auto is legit. My friend pulled a Pujols/Howard/Arod (or some such combo) two days ago. Pujols signed on clear non silver stickers using a different pen. The autos are nearly identical. Topps probably had him sign stickers long ago for a different product and had leftovers. Don't believe me? Check eBay. Most or all 09 TT pujols sigs are like this

This is just another example of STMM being a *********

ffgameman

Aug 7, 2008
Kentucky
No way there would be that many fakes already from a newly released product....especially when the cards were authentic from the pack.

Sly

Aug 7, 2008
Why has no one bothered to stop and think...maybe Pujols just isn't consistant with his signature, especially if he's sitting down and signing hundreds or thousands at one time?

I mean really, sit down and sign your name that many times and see if it is always consistant. I know mine's not. Hell, the "J" in my first name is different occassionally, it's just how it works.

Now I'm not saying these are fake or legit, cause I am far from a Pujols auto expert, but to suggest that all these fakes are coming from Topps is opening a HUGE can of worms, when in reality, it could just be that he's inconsistant with his auto.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Yeah, I don't understand the poster's thought process there. Taking Pujols out of framed cards, putting them on other cards that presumably already have Pujols autos on there, and then putting the other stickers back onto the original cards with fake sigs? Something doesn't compute there.

The sigs do look odd, though. Inconsistent in many ways, lots of hesitations, they just don't look like the signature of someone who's signed his name many thousands of times, or at least dozens in one go as is likely with a sheet of stickers.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
I know nothing about the specific cards, but I definitely agree that the auto's look far more like the fake Pujols Auto's I've seen (including those on 2001 Fleer Legacy cards) than any real one, and there are some characteristics on this that I have never seen on a Pujols Autograph.

gregbara

Aug 10, 2008
The one thing I do find odd is that in each of the Pujols stickers, the Topps Certified looks different than the rest. More than likely it was wiped with Acetone or Spirits to clean the old Auto off. You can also see in the first one that the sticker looks wrinkled.

gregbara

Aug 10, 2008
To the above poster...no one is suggesting that Topps is putting fakes out there.

Someone one is getting a cheap auto sticker, wiping off the auto, forging the Pujols, and then removing the real one, and applying the fake one.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
gregbara said:
To the above poster...no one is suggesting that Topps is putting fakes out there.

Someone one is getting a cheap auto sticker, wiping off the auto, forging the Pujols, and then removing the real one, and applying the fake one.
On every 2009 TTT Pujols card in all different parts of the country. And of course they have enlisted all manner of normally reputable sellers as well.

Has noone ever seen a Topps football auto? Topps has non reflective stickers.

All of the pompous windbaggery in STMM's thread is entirely preposterous. I now know why I have never bothered to visit other forums. I cannot believe there are not more people there calling him out on this.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
yea, there are Pujols autos like that listed by multiple sellers. I highly doubt they are being faked everywhere with the exact same stickers. More than likely Topps just used leftover Pujols stickers on the TTT autos. Should they have made them all the same, of course.