Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Need Some Help From A Game Used Jersey Expert....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mchenrycards

Featured Contributor, Vintage Corner, Senior Membe
gonzagacubs said:
Before I decide what to do about this ebay item, I was wondering if I could get some help from someone who has experience with gamers. Is this one legit? Thanks!

http://cgi.ebay.com/GAME-USED-ERIC-PATT ... 23038e277d

Nothing on that jersey would lead me to think its a MLB gamer. Most gamers usually have additional tagging in the collar or somewhere else with the uniform number, size, year and set number on the tag. If you are looking for a gamer I would stay far away from this one personally.

gonzagacubs

Aug 7, 2008
Glenpool, OK
mchenrycards said:
gonzagacubs said:
Before I decide what to do about this ebay item, I was wondering if I could get some help from someone who has experience with gamers. Is this one legit? Thanks!

Nothing on that jersey would lead me to think its a MLB gamer. Most gamers usually have additional tagging in the collar or somewhere else with the uniform number, size, year and set number on the tag. If you are looking for a gamer I would stay far away from this one personally.

This was what I was thinking, especially since I have seen a few on this board who have the additional numbering on certain tags on the jersey. The only reason I asked is because Patterson is one of my two big time player collections. Thanks for your help.

LWMM

Feb 21, 2009
mchenrycards said:
gonzagacubs said:

Not all---my Tampa gamers (in signature) only have size tagging, but one is sourced directly from the team, and the other is equally legitmate. I don't know about Oakland jerseys in particular.

The 0062 tagging on the wash tag actually suggests that it is at least game issued---6200 is used on retail jerseys.

I would ask on www.gameusedforum.com for any further help.

BluesBroSJ

Jan 19, 2009
Kansas
the majestic tagging is identical to my JP howell jersey bought directly from the royals. I'd say your ok to go after it

mrwhitesox30

Oct 7, 2008
At the very least, it's an authentic MLB jersey of one of your favorite players, so if you don't have one yet you could just buy this one and if it happens to be game-used then it's a bonus. I don't know how much it will sell for, but since he's not a popular player the jersey might sell for less than a jersey sold in a store. I recently bought a 2008 Scott Linebrink game-used jersey off Ebay for $81 shipped. Sure, it's Linebrink, but it's a game-used White Sox jersey and I paid way less than going to a store and buying an official MLB Sox jersey.

Members online