Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Andy Pettitte any chance for HOF

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
Does he have a chance to get in the HOF. Most wins all time for a post season pitcher. Also most post season innings pitched. 4 rings, could be 5. Right now I believe he has 229 career wins, if he pitches a couple more season should be in 250-260 range. I know he has steroid black mark on his record. Will be interesting when he comes up for it.

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
matchpenalty said:
Does he have a chance to get in the HOF. Most wins all time for a post season pitcher. Also most post season innings pitched. 4 rings, could be 5. Right now I believe he has 229 career wins, if he pitches a couple more season should be in 250-260 range. I know he has steroid black mark on his record. Will be interesting when he comes up for it.

No.

And he only has that because of the added round of playoffs.

bodiaz

Jan 19, 2009
Dont care about PEDs. I really do not count that against anyone since baseball allowed it. He just does not have anywhere close to good enough #s! He has all of those rings because he was on the highest payrolled team for all of them. Didnt see him win any in Houston. Bert Blyleven,Dave Stewart,Jack Morris, Mike Mussina and Curt Schilling were all far better and are not in.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
I say I am not sure. Modern day pitchers just do not seem like any of them will reach the lofty standards set by those before. Andy has been really solid but not great.

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
if he pitches 5 more years and gets to 300 wins, i think he will get in...mark my words...there were doubters about jeter just 5 short years ago.

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
hofautos said:
if he pitches 5 more years and gets to 300 wins, i think he will get in...mark my words...there were doubters about jeter just 5 short years ago.

Really? I don't believe there were.

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
Adamsince1981 said:
hofautos said:

Yes, really - more people believed he wouldn't get in than he would get in.

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
hofautos said:
Adamsince1981 said:
hofautos said:

I gotta tell you, even with the "over-rated" years falling when I worked at a card shop....I've never heard anyone say he wouldn't be a HOF'er.

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
Adamsince1981 said:
hofautos said:
Adamsince1981 said:
hofautos said:

I gotta tell you, even with the "over-rated" years falling when I worked at a card shop....I've never heard anyone say he wouldn't be a HOF'er.

You must not have been on BMB and read the jeter threads 5-6 years ago. I am not making it up.

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
Others I say will get in where most people say no:
berkman
walker
helton
holliday
beltran
damon

ctmike

Oct 9, 2009
Connecticut
If he gets 250 wins I say he should be in. That and the postseason clutch pitching would be enough to get my vote. Not that I have one.

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
hofautos said:
berkman
walker
helton
holliday
beltran
damon

Berkman and Helton, I believe will...the others either too early or no.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
hofautos said:
Adamsince1981 said:
hofautos said:

thats hard to believe. Jeter was just as big 5 years ago as he is today

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
G $MONEY$ said:
hofautos said:
Adamsince1981 said:
hofautos said:

thats hard to believe. Jeter was just as big 5 years ago as he is today
yea, there are a lot of ignorant people out there, especially yankee haters. he also only had 1700 hits where now he is nearing 3000.

It surprised me back then just like it surprises me now that people don't see the path holliday is on...not that i am comparing the two, just that it is obvious to me that holliday will be a hofer if he continues his current trend. It also may have been more than 5 years ago...but i remember the conversation coming up, and more than once.

anyway, back on topic...yes, pettitte will get in if he can pitch into his 40s and reach 300 wins.

pujolsjunkie

Aug 8, 2008
hofautos said:
berkman
walker
helton
holliday
beltran
damon

Walker, Helton and Holliday will never make it. Coors will be all the voters look at. I don't think Berkman's going to make it either. Beltran and Damon I think may ultimately make it, but Carlos needs a few more huge years.

Members online

Latest posts