Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

stlalways94's custom cards (scan obese) - New one 11/10/09

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stlalways94

Aug 7, 2008
Instead of making 2 seperate threads a week about my new custom cards, I figured I would just consolidate it all into one thread, because I know frequently making posts about similar topics in frowned upon. The first six are some of the first that I did, and they are NOT standard card size (3.5x5 inches, or in the case of the Musial RedMan, 4 x 3.5), but the rest are standard card size. As always, I appreciate anyones' comments, tips, or constructive critique.

Joe Cronin
Cronin.png

Travis Jackson
SCAN0055.jpg

Pee Wee Reese
Reese.png

Stan Musial
SCAN0069.jpg

Bobby Doerr
10-14-200852529PM.jpg

Joe Sewell
sewell5.jpg

Hank Aaron
aaron.jpg

Buck O'Neil
oniel.png

Hank Aaron
SCAN0039.jpg

- Newer Players' Customs-
Albert Pujols - I wanted to try something simpler, I think it turned out pretty well. The index card I used was signed around 2001.
56239.jpg

Stephen Strasburg (On card autograph) - designed after '04 Sweet Spot
53892.jpg

-John

stlalways94

Aug 7, 2008
Re: 2 New Custom Cut Signatures, w/ a new design (Aaron, O'Neil

IndyMann said:
I love the new design!! That's freaking sweet!

Thanks bud! I finally bit the bullet and got Adobe Photoshop Elements 7, and it is definitely easier to do designs with it.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Re: 2 New Custom Cut Signatures, w/ a new design (Aaron, O'Neil)

Have you done any original designs? Just curious because it looks like you're in a position now to start those creative juices.

Keep it up.

Oh...and don't use Mistral (the font used in the name of the first design), it's a font used only by housewives and little girls (NOTE: I'm a font snob).

stlalways94

Aug 7, 2008
Re: 2 New Cuts, w/ a new design - EDIT: BETTER SCANS ADDED

Thanks man! I just added some better scans. I am working on an original design right now, I will be using it on my next customs.

wideright

Aug 7, 2008
Re: 2 New Custom Cut Signatures, w/ a new design (Aaron, O'Neil)

200lbhockeyplayer said:
Have you done any original designs? Just curious because it looks like you're in a position now to start those creative juices.

Keep it up.

Oh...and don't use Mistral (the font used in the name of the first design), it's a font used only by housewives and little girls (NOTE: I'm a font snob).
:lol:

Edit: Really like the new design. Much improved imo.

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle

*Warning* The following is just an opinion of someone who could never even attempt to even make a custom cut card....Opinions are viewed as critiques only from a card collector, and should not be taken personally. ;)

That Buck O'Neil card is pretty sweet. Looks like a "real" card! The Hank has way too much black, and the tiny head picture drives me crazy. It's like a yearbook picture... The Red "A" is like the focal point and probably shouldn't be... I don't know. A great player like Hank should have a better card...

That being said, I haven't seen a lot of customs that I really like (maybe 3?) and that Buck O'Neil card is right up there. Especially if it's an original design!

stlalways94

Aug 7, 2008

Thanks guys

gwynn5453l4u: I will keep what you said in mind. I appreciate your honesty! :D

Jared

Oct 22, 2009

I really like that Buck O'neil!

stlalways94

Aug 7, 2008

I appreciate the complements guys!

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......

I have no skills to do this at all so please take as constructive criticism.....

Can you shift the Hank auto to the right or is it a done deal? The H looks partially hidden. I think the pic of Hank should be bigger and the other 2 logos smaller.

The Buck looks great!!

stlalways94

Aug 7, 2008
Re: 3 new cuts, new design (2 Aaron's, 1 Buck O'Neil

Scott:
Thanks for the advice, I might rework that one. I just added a pic of the Aaron I just finished a few minutes ago, let me know what you think.

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......

stlalways94 said:
Scott:
Thanks for the advice, I might rework that one. I just added a pic of the Aaron I just finished a few minutes ago, let me know what you think.

I like the 2nd one a lot....only thing "I" would do is switch the placement of his name and "Classic Signatures" (giving more emphasis to his name than the words classic signatures).

Great work John!!

IndyManning18

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis

MaineMule said:
stlalways94 said:
Scott:

I like the 2nd one a lot....only thing "I" would do is switch the placement of his name and "Classic Signatures" (giving more emphasis to his name than the words classic signatures).

Great work John!!
And arch the wording inside the ribbon!

Members online