Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

bcs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KOBEARODLT

Sep 29, 2008
Daltonb1219 said:
I guess.

I dont think Alabama is as good as every one thinks they are.

same thing can be said about a team that barely wins each week including indiana

KOBEARODLT

Sep 29, 2008
wheeler281 said:
KOBEARODLT said:
Daltonb1219 said:
I guess.

same thing can be said about a team that barely wins each week including indiana

are you crying

yess im so sad ::facepalm:: ....im an alabama fan so i dont like that they dropped but in all honestly the ranking means nothing for florida or alabama, because whoever wins that matchup will go to the national championship and win.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
KOBEARODLT said:
wheeler281 said:
KOBEARODLT said:
Daltonb1219 said:
I guess.

are you crying

yess im so sad ::facepalm:: ....im an alabama fan so i dont like that they dropped but in all honestly the ranking means nothing for florida or alabama, because whoever wins that matchup will go to the national championship and win.

there is no difference between #1 and #3 in the case of Alabama or Florida

Anthony K.

Aug 7, 2008
Enterprise, Alabama
Daltonb1219 said:
I guess.

Kind of like that major university in the state of Iowa, huh?

I think the top 3 teams SHOULD scare every other team in college football. I think those next three are overrated (though I do agree that Iowa is the better of the three) and I really think Boise or Oregon are the 4th best team in the nation.

Anyone else wonder if the Oregon offense would be that much better with LaGarrette Blount in the backfield?

19braves77

Oct 23, 2008
Pensacola, FL
I dunno I do not expect Alabama to look purty this weekend. This bama fan will be happy with a 10-9 win.

I have a hard time thinking a team from a major division should be in a BCS game unless they have a conference championship. It is absurd for the PAC 10 to not invite two teams into the conference that will add to the level of play( BYU, UTAH, Nevada, or Fresno State would be perfect) and have a conference championship game.

Big 10 kinda has a legimate excuse because they cant find two others teams other then Notre Dame and the Irish dont want to share any money. The only other school that would work would be Marshall.

Anthony K.

Aug 7, 2008
Enterprise, Alabama
19braves77 said:
I dunno I do not expect Alabama to look purty this weekend. This bama fan will be happy with a 10-9 win.

I have a hard time thinking a team from a major division should be in a BCS game unless they have a conference championship. It is absurd for the PAC 10 to not invite two teams into the conference that will add to the level of play( BYU, UTAH, Nevada, or Fresno State would be perfect) and have a conference championship game.

Big 10 kinda has a legimate excuse because they cant find two others teams other then Notre Dame and the Irish dont want to share any money. The only other school that would work would be Marshall.

I agree with you on the Pac 10. I think adding Utah and BYU or Fresno would up the competitive level of the conference and earn the teams a few more points in the standings. I really wish Boise would leave the Mountain West (it is the MWC, right?) and join the Pac-10, just so they could have consistently good opponents to prove whether they are a good team or not.

Penno

Sep 5, 2008
Oxford, AL
I love the de facto playoffs the SEC has going right now. Bama/LSU playing this weekend for the right to go to Atlanta, then the winner plays Florida for a National Championship spot. See, if all the BCS conferences would just have a championship game, there wouldn't be a big deal about who plays in the National Championship game.

Kinda contradicting my point though, I'm going to laugh extremely hard if the smaller undefeated schools get jumped by a 1 loss SEC team to play Texas in the National Championship game (assuming Texas wins out).

dfr52

Aug 10, 2008
Penno said:
I love the de facto playoffs the SEC has going right now. Bama/LSU playing this weekend for the right to go to Atlanta, then the winner plays Florida for a National Championship spot. See, if all the BCS conferences would just have a championship game, there wouldn't be a big deal about who plays in the National Championship game.

Kinda contradicting my point though, I'm going to laugh extremely hard if the smaller undefeated schools get jumped by a 1 loss SEC team to play Texas in the National Championship game (assuming Texas wins out).

Does LSU have a shot at the National Championship?

Penno

Sep 5, 2008
Oxford, AL
dfr52 said:
Penno said:

I would think if they win out (beating UF and Bama), they gotta have the same odds Iowa does. That's assuming UF and Bama finish with only 1 loss each. That would be worthy of facing Texas if you ask me.

dfr52

Aug 10, 2008
Penno said:
dfr52 said:
Penno said:

I would think if they win out (beating UF and Bama), they gotta have the same odds Iowa does. That's assuming UF and Bama finish with only 1 loss each. That would be worthy of facing Texas if you ask me.

If Iowa finished undefeated I hope they would get shot over any one loss teams.

19braves77

Oct 23, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Media and voters are always going to want USC, Miami, and Ohio State is a major bowl game because USC and Miami are in great media markets and Ohio State fans will travel anywhere. Ohio State fans will got to Hawaii for a 1st day bowl game.

dfr52

Aug 10, 2008
19braves77 said:
Media and voters are always going to want USC, Miami, and Ohio State is a major bowl game because USC and Miami are in great media markets and Ohio State fans will travel anywhere. Ohio State fans will got to Hawaii for a 1st day bowl game.

:lol: Very true. They are some of the most loyal and passionate fans out there.

Daltonb1219

Jul 16, 2009
Every one can hate on Iowa. Doesnt really bother me at all.

We won at Penn St, Wisconsin and Michigan St witch are 3 really hard places to win at. So we came close with Arkansas St and UNI. Indiana we beat by 20 points so you cant say it was close. Also what team has the 2nd longest win streak in the nation? Oh no that absolutely means nothing. ::facepalm::

Members online

Latest posts