Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ebay and paypal: he changed his username must be a member

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

justinmandawg

Aug 7, 2008
Kansas City
I sell a pujols /25 orange ref from 09 bc for best offer of 70. Card was pulled, put in a penny sleeve and top loader, a team bag, double packaged and sent. Took a week to get to the guy first class usps. I should have known the day after he paid he sent me an email asking where the card was, however he'd never respond to any emails that I would send.

In the meantime the same card sells for much something like 40 on ebay by another seller. Fastforward to the day he gets the card, files a chargeback saying that the card was trimmed and also damaged by me. He also says that it wasn't in anything but a toploader and was out in the package.

So he calls me a trimmer that damages cards he send. Then he escalates the claim before I even get to respond. Paypal sided with him in under a day. Even though he could provide no evidence that the card was damaged.

Paypal sides with people that have buyer's remorse. I really hope he didn't damage the card just to get the refund. It really pisses me off. Oh and the reason they gave was "didn't accurately describe condition". I don't list condition, I put up a scan and tell them what they are getting because condition is so impossible to explain everything that everyone will see.

muchuckwagon

Oct 8, 2008
Deceased
Re: Ebay and paypal: taking the buyers side

Paypal is like ******, you never know when it is going to flare up and become an unsightly problem. What can you do....you got it and you are stuck with it.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL

Please post the guy's ID for us. Thanks.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008

Hmm, I wouldn't know about this... :?

Just kidding.

muchuckwagon said:
Paypal is like ******, you never know when it is going to flare up and become an unsightly problem. What can you do....you got it and you are stuck with it.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009

justinmandawg said:
I sell a pujols /25 orange ref from 09 bc for best offer of 70. Card was pulled, put in a penny sleeve and top loader, a team bag, double packaged and sent. Took a week to get to the guy first class usps. I should have known the day after he paid he sent me an email asking where the card was, however he'd never respond to any emails that I would send.

In the meantime the same card sells for much something like 40 on ebay by another seller. Fastforward to the day he gets the card, files a chargeback saying that the card was trimmed and also damaged by me. He also says that it wasn't in anything but a toploader and was out in the package.

So he calls me a trimmer that damages cards he send. Then he escalates the claim before I even get to respond. Paypal sided with him in under a day. Even though he could provide no evidence that the card was damaged.

Paypal sides with people that have buyer's remorse. I really hope he didn't damage the card just to get the refund. It really pisses me off. Oh and the reason they gave was "didn't accurately describe condition". I don't list condition, I put up a scan and tell them what they are getting because condition is so impossible to explain everything that everyone will see.

If I wrote that they would tell me maybe I should stop selling on ebay :lol:

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD

muchuckwagon said:
uniquebaseballcards said:
Hmm, I wouldn't know about this... :?

Maybe that is why Jayper's asked for the buyer's ebay ID to be posted?
He was joking about your ****** comment knucklehead. ::facepalm::

That sucks Dogfacekilla. I'd be pissed too man!

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States

EricInCT said:
justinmandawg said:

to be fair, you were clocking in ebay issues at like 2-3 per day

muchuckwagon

Oct 8, 2008
Deceased

Russ S. said:

Yeah, I realized that... I mean the fact he wrote - "Just kidding" was a dead give away. :eek:

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008

Of course some social diseases, to my understanding, may interfere with mental processes :)

muchuckwagon said:
Russ S. said:

Yeah, I realized that... I mean the fact he wrote - "Just kidding" was a dead give away. :eek:

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009

cgilmo said:
EricInCT said:
justinmandawg said:

to be fair, you were clocking in ebay issues at like 2-3 per day

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

muchuckwagon

Oct 8, 2008
Deceased

uniquebaseballcards said:
Of course some social diseases, to my understanding, may interfere with mental processes :)

At first, I was inclined to say that would explain many posts here and on the BMB...then I realized it is unlikely that most members have participated in said acts that would most likely expose them to "social diseases". :D

justinmandawg

Aug 7, 2008
Kansas City

IF I had not shipped it correctly, was a scammer or a trimmer then this wouldn't bother me. He never so much as contacted me which really bothers me. He would never respond to any ebay messages I sent him.

He's got great feedback. Doesn't mean he's not a liar.

vince4sports

justinmandawg

Aug 7, 2008
Kansas City
Re: Ebay and paypal: taking the buyers side you won't believe

Update: The card was in the mail today. He damaged it. I called paypal they said too bad, the buyer said that it was damaged.

justinmandawg

Aug 7, 2008
Kansas City

Nothing can now be done with this card. I'm going to snap. I'm done. Paypal and ebay **** you.

tommyfro21

Aug 8, 2008
Re: Ebay and paypal: taking the buyers side you won't believe

justinmandawg said:
Update: The card was in the mail today. He damaged it. I called paypal they said too bad, the buyer said that it was damaged.

If it came back damaged, how in the world would he know it was trimmed??? That makes no sense and Paypal should realize that. It sounds like you should have at least been able to see a scan of it or something first before they closed the case.

They should also take into account that he was emailing you about the card not arriving after just one day.

Almost sounds like you should get another eBay ID, buy something of his, say it was damaged, sell the card, and get your money back from him that way, especially since PayPal isn't going to help you out.

I'm not saying this it the legal or moral thing to do though....it would just be another way of getting your money back from him.

isotopes4

Feb 27, 2009

well, we post youtube mailday breaks, i guess we need to start posting mailday envelope stuffing days as well ::facepalm:: ::facepalm::

you could prove you sent it the one in the picture BC of the serial number couldnt you

Members online

Latest posts