Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BA Braves Top Ten Prospects List

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
My own top 10 was quite similiar to theirs, at least for the top 7.

1. Heyward
2. Freeman
3. Teheran
4. Kimbrel
5. Minor
6. Delgado
7. Bethancourt
8. Hoover
9. M. Jones
10. Brewer
Cusp - Spruill
Sleeper - Oberholtzer

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
Jaypers said:
My own top 10 was quite similiar to theirs, at least for the top 7.

1. Heyward
2. Freeman
3. Teheran
4. Kimbrel
5. Minor
6. Delgado
7. Bethancourt
8. Hoover
9. M. Jones
10. Brewer
Cusp - Spruill
Sleeper - Oberholtzer

My list would look like this

Heyward
Freeman
Teheran
Spruill
Kimbrell
Minor
Bethancourt
Delgado
Eric Cordier
Hoover
M Jones
L Sumoza
Cody "Whiff Master" Johnson

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
I absolutely LOVE this time of year! I look forward to these lists a TON.

Nice to see Cody Johnson getting at least a little positivity.

And what's with Javier Vazquez being the fifth starter in th 2012 lineup. Either they are projecting a huge fall-off or something, cause he sure pitched like the tier-2 ace he is this season.

Incline Investments

Aug 15, 2008
Cali
Wow, some impressive quotes about Heyward in the chat. I know it's subscriber material but I'll just post a couple:

Bill Ballew: I would prefer the Braves' duo for one primary reason--Heyward. I believe he's the best all-around player I have seen in more than 25 years of following the minors. I truly believe he is the complete package. Freeman is right behind him--an RBI machine with budding power and a difference maker with the glove at first base. I believe Stanton and Morrison are exceptional prospects as well, but Heyward has a chance to be a true superstar.

Jason Layton (St. Louis): Heyward is the best all-around player in more than 25 yrs.....would you pick Heyward over Justin Upton?

Bill Ballew: Yes. Off the top of my head, I cannot think of another position player I would take over Heyward, based on their minor league output. Eric Davis would be right there, along with a few others.

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
jjj7880 said:
Still no love for CJ from the FCB members... ::facepalm:: BA see's something! :D

I've had love for him. About seven base, three ref's, and two blue ref's worth of love.

Still pretty young.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
i had an EXTREMELY good view of Cody Johnson

I spent most nights in Rome that year, as heyward and freeman were there as well.

Cody is a fierce competitor and a hard working guy, but he's simply too clunky. He does not move well for an athlete of any size, and he hasn't improved plate discipline since he began his pro career.

Cody's ABSOLUTE ceiling is a well below average outfielder with the offensive production of Mark Reynolds, and that is only if his power translates perfectly.

Members online

Latest posts