Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

*OFFICIAL* MLB World Series Game 5 Thread - NYY @ PHI

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Y4NK335

Aug 7, 2008
TBD
Did not see a thread so far and was going to post about Melky Cabrera so just started this thread early.

First on Melky Cabrera (Courtesy: Rotowire):

Cabrera (hamstring) is unlikely to play in Game 5 against the Phillies on Monday and may be replaced on the Yankees' World Series roster. The Yankees believe Cabrera may have suffered a full hamstring tear during Game 4, which would keep him out for the rest of the series. If that's the case, they are allowed to petition for a roster change and add a different player, someone like Francisco Cervelli or Freddy Guzman. Brett Gardner will likely start in center field Monday.

Tonight's Pitching Match-Up:

YANKEES: RHP A.J. Burnett

PHILLIES: LHP Cliff Lee

When line-ups are posted I will update this thread.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
I took the night off work tonight to watch the Yankees win tonight, so i hope they do, its been 9 long years

isotopes4

Feb 27, 2009
G $MONEY$ said:
I took the night off work tonight to watch the Yankees win tonight, so i hope they do, its been 9 long years

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: NINE LONG YEARS.... imagine how the cubs fans feel about that line :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

its time for 27!!!!!!!!

ktothep

Aug 7, 2008
Going to the game. I still believe we can do this, but it will be very tough. Let''s send this series back to New York Lee. Go Phils!!!

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
springfieldisotopes4 said:
G $MONEY$ said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: NINE LONG YEARS.... imagine how the cubs fans feel about that line :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

its time for 27!!!!!!!!

yeah i know, but when you are a Yankees fan you EXPECT them to win every year and if they don''t the season is considered a failure. So yes, being a Yankees fan it has been 9 long years, especially after missing the playoffs last year and they started this season very poor as well. I remember back in May thinking they were gonna miss the playoffs again

pujolsjunkie

Aug 8, 2008
The decision to go with Burnett on short rest is an interesting one. The fact that the Yanks are committed to starting Molina with A.J. and the lack of the DH in the National League park, the lineup tonight is going to be extremely diminished compared to what it normally is. It's going to be Swisher protecting A-Rod, and Brett Gardner will also be in there with Melky out for the remainder of the series. Girardi is taking a big risk with that lineup vs the robotic Cliff Lee. It's hoping that Burnett has one of those spectacular games and get to the late innings with a close game, where the Yankees have the ace in the hole in the bullpen. If the Yanks lose, things will get shaky in a hurry, with Pettitte the likely Game 6 starter on short rest (which he has not done well with in the past). The popular alternative theory seems to be to go with Gaudin tonight and have Burnett ready to go on full rest at home. Girardi has decided against that. I'm hoping it works for the best. Sometimes those seemingly weak lineups can surprise. A guy like Cano needs to step up big time.

Members online