Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Question for team collectors about traded players

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brumbach

Team collectors, what is your take on players that have been traded or signed with another team but have cards issued in the old uniform but logo for the new team, do you still want that card in your collection? Conversely, do you include cards of newly signed player in the old uniforms with your team's logo on the card?

BluesBroSJ

Jan 19, 2009
Kansas
For my braves autograph set I am only counting the card if the player is pictured in a braves uniform and has a braves logo on the card. I do not count nor want ones that have the player listed as a brave but in another uniform (ie: merkin valdez has several issues like this, giants uniform listed as a brave, DON'T COUNT in my eyes)

prospectorgems

Nov 29, 2008
Wisconsin
Typically I tend to only collect cards with the Brewers represented on the card. I do however break that rule for RC's and prospects, but anything after the first year must be in a Brewers uniform on card. It's easier to hang onto a card for the team collection if the players leaves via free agency or gets traded. Those cards of that player can just go into the Former Brewers category for me. There are so many different ways to look at it, but this is just one of the ways.

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
Interesting question that I've pondered for a while.

I've decided that I only want cards that show the player in a Cardinals uniform.

Like, for instance, I don't want a Matt Holliday 2008 Upper Deck Masterpieces base card, but if I have it in my collection already, I'll go ahead and put it in my Cardinal box. But when I'm buying on eBay, and if I wanted a Matt Holliday card, I'd have to get something out of 2009 Topps Update, as that's the only product with him in a Cardinals uniform I do believe.

If I see a Jim Edmonds card from 2008, and he's in a Cardinal uniform, but it lists him as a Cub, I don't want the card, but it's better than being Cub/Cub.

onehrk

Aug 7, 2008
San Diego, CA
I only collect players in an A's uniform. I make exceptions for Barry Zito from time to time, but that's my player collection so that's a bit different.

Halonut

Aug 7, 2008
in regards to my angels pc, i only collect cards which picture the player as an angel. the only exceptions being rookie cards and minor league issues.

Members online