Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Major Mistake On A Major Card By Upper Deck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brett Keith

Aug 7, 2008
Peoria, IL
Ok, so this card just got listed...

!BeH1Z6g!2k~$(KGrHqYH-DIErncNhOGMBK78IdwRKg~~_12.jpg

Awesome card, right? I was contemplating making an offer, but wanted to do some research to figure out a good price. Then I noticed something, Hideki Matsui doesn't wear 25. I thought, well, maybe he wore 25 in Japan? Nope, 55 there too, as I thought. Then a horrible thought popped into my head. It couldn't be, no way!

Way.

2003_12_kazuomatsui.jpg

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
Brett Keith said:
Ok, so this card just got listed...

!BeH1Z6g!2k~$(KGrHqYH-DIErncNhOGMBK78IdwRKg~~_12.jpg

Awesome card, right? I was contemplating making an offer, but wanted to do some research to figure out a good price. Then I noticed something, Hideki Matsui doesn't wear 25. I thought, well, maybe he wore 25 in Japan? Nope, 55 there too, as I thought. Then a horrible thought popped into my head. It couldn't be, no way!

Way.

2003_12_kazuomatsui.jpg

OUCH!!, aren't you glad you didn't pull it?

Brett Keith

Aug 7, 2008
Peoria, IL
B.J. is supposed to be in this set, atleast if they messed up and put a Justin Upton barrel in there it wouldn't be a step down and I wouldn't care, but Hideki to Kaz is a big difference. I'm gonna have to go and check to see if Kaz has ever even had a barrel made.

Dpanthers14

Aug 7, 2008
Colorado
wow ya was watching that card and kept wondering about that barrel because as far as i know he always uses the same brand of bat and the Just do it. indicated it was a nike bat

Brett Keith

Aug 7, 2008
Peoria, IL
Dpanthers14 said:
wow ya was watching that card and kept wondering about that barrel because as far as i know he always uses the same brand of bat and the Just do it. indicated it was a nike bat

It's pretty funny in the description the seller refers to "Just Do It." as the Yankee motto.

Dpanthers14

Aug 7, 2008
Colorado
Brett Keith said:
Dpanthers14 said:

It's pretty funny in the description the seller refers to "Just Do It." as the Yankee motto.
Ya I keep a spread sheet of all logomans/bat barrels/unique autos/patches buttons just anything i like, and i ran a cross this a little bit ago and it just didn't seem right googled matsui game used bats and still couldn't find a match. Thanks for finding me the answer :D

Brett Keith

Aug 7, 2008
Peoria, IL
yankees23657 said:
Matsui has always had this as his bat barrel as far as i know.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2454/396 ... 05ebbc.jpg

Wasnt sure on how to post the pic, but hopefully that link works. The A seems turn turn into a tail like a Godzilla tail
-Aaron

Yeah, Matsui only had 7 barrels prior to this set, and I remember most, if not all of the ones I've seen looking like that. Ichiro has a special logo on most of his bat barrels, but I've seen atleast one on a card that was just a printed name.

Brett Keith

Aug 7, 2008
Peoria, IL
Just checked, Kaz has had two barrels made, one from Donruss Leather & Lumber and a dual from Fleer E-X, with you guessed it, Hideki Matsui. So Upper Deck hadn't produced a barrel of him, well, until now. :?

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
What exactly is contacting someone at Beckett going to do?

...someone should contact UD with a swift kick in the ass

goldenegg1

Aug 7, 2008
I actually emailed the seller and told him about the error.
I suggested he call UD and see about getting compensated for a huge error like this.

Members online

Latest posts