Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Phillies cant win a game 7 with Cole Hamels

Honestly..

• Yes, they can win with Hamels

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MallCopKJ

Aug 22, 2008
Im not saying the Phillies will win game 6 but after Cole Hamels comments, do even Philly fans really want to see this series go 7 games? If the Phillies refuse to let Lee pitch on 3 days rest, why bother? Cole Hamels really put a damper on this series if you ask me. I want to see the Series go 7 and I do want the Phillies to win but you cant come out with a guy whos team is down on him and wont be behind him. Apparently he has no confidence in himself and is giving up on his team. If the series go 7 games they have to pitch Cliff Lee or its not even worth watching.

MallCopKJ

Aug 22, 2008
Re: Does anyone want the World Series to go 7 games?

Dpanthers14 said:
has he said why he said that yet?

Apparently he tried to change his story after Brett Myers asked him why he was in the lockerroom after the game saying, "I thought you quite on us?"

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
Re: Does anyone want the World Series to go 7 games?

MallCopKJ said:
Dpanthers14 said:
has he said why he said that yet?

Apparently he tried to change his story after Brett Myers asked him why he was in the lockerroom after the game saying, "I thought you quite on us?"

I thought he said, "I thought you quit on us?"

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
"I was just concerned about Cole's safety and for the safety of myself and our newborn child. That Myers is a nasty piece of white trash who made fun of me for wanting to adopt a black stick figure baby. Also he once hit his wife. Who knows what he'd do to Cole? Cole sorta looks like a woman." Heidi Hamels on why she suggested Cole Hamels retire from the Phillies rather than make the trip to NYC to pitch in game seven of the World Series.

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
To say the team would not be behind him him in 57 of the season is a stretch let alone game 7 of the freakin world series. You've got to be kidding with that. As for a chance to win behind him, of course they do. They have a great line up who just need to hit the ball and Sabathia will be on short rest and has already shown that he can be hit and scored upon by this Philly team. They need a great game by Pedro though first. I'm more concerned about game 6 first and foremost.

Bornagaincollector

Aug 7, 2008
Cleveland,Ohio
Lee can't start game 7,it would be on 2 days rest.I say start Martinez game 6 and Happ game 7 and Lee could come out of the bullpen if needed.Hamels would be available also in the 7th game.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
If it got to game 7 Lee would be pitching on 2 days rest if he started. They wouldn't start him on three days rest do so he could start game 1, 4 and 7, so I doubt he will pitch 2 days rest.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
Brett Myers is the last guy who should be talking, he has been a HUGE bust this year. If the Phils get to
game 7 they need a guy who can give them 6-7 innings and Cole is the only guy who can do that.
The bullpen is a mess. If it gets to game 7 I see any pitcher other than Pedro as fair game.

Still ALOT of work to be done to start this talk!

Members online