Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Great ebay write up (shoelessJoe bashing)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WaxHeaven

Nov 7, 2008
Florida
This hobby is really screwed right now when it comes to fakes.

Thank goodness no one cares enough about my players to create fakes.

csmtampa

Aug 25, 2009
WaxHeaven said:
This hobby is really screwed right now when it comes to fakes.

Thank goodness no one cares enough about my players to create fakes.

The hobby is always been screwed by fakes,

Its just now the fakes have *** (which means the daily droppings I do) "authenticate" them and people who know squat about autographs and the company buy them.

carlitoson

Aug 7, 2008
What product had 930 Jeter buy-back autos inserted into it? I'm not very knowledgable about his autographs, but it looks to me like an IP or TTM auto with a bogus serial number (for added pizzazz!), then slabbed.

csmtampa

Aug 25, 2009
carlitoson said:
What product had 930 Jeter buy-back autos inserted into it? I'm not very knowledgable about his autographs, but it looks to me like an IP or TTM auto with a bogus serial number (for added pizzazz!), then slabbed.

I didn't even look at the auction title or the scan of the back. I saw the main image and knew it was a good auto, but it seems maybe the seller is trying to get more money this way?

Sean_C

Oct 21, 2009
I was wondering about the numbering of the card myself. Shop at Home item perhaps? They tend do have signed items #'d like that.

csmtampa said:
carlitoson said:

I didn't even look at the auction title or the scan of the back. I saw the main image and knew it was a good auto, but it seems maybe the seller is trying to get more money this way?

itsinthegrade

Jul 30, 2009
NJ
I originally owned that card & sold it to the seller who has it up now. The card came from scoreboard products. There was 930 signed & inserted into there packs.

Best regards!

Sportsnutcards

May 4, 2009
Belmar, NJ
The Cards were never in packs. They were sold via shop at home or through the Scoreboard catolog. They originally came with a plastic holder that fit into a wooden base. I had a customer bring a bunch of them into my shop and he bought them directly from scoreboard.

Members online

Latest posts