Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Baseball Card patch for Scouts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MartinFFcollector

Aug 7, 2008
CA.
Neat.

Halloween_2009_and_fun.jpg

Halloween_2009_and_fun_054.jpg

aaron41984

Jun 22, 2009
I glanced real quick down the page and my first reaction was... "Topps Free Falling"
Ha! Wow... pretty much sums it up

tonsofcommons

Aug 20, 2008
Iowa
aaron41984 said:
I glanced real quick down the page and my first reaction was... "Topps Free Falling"
Ha! Wow... pretty much sums it up

~~~~Yeah, cuz there is nothing worse than trying to get kids in to the hobby.~~~~

WaxHeaven

Nov 7, 2008
Florida
I've never known anyone in my life who was in the Boy Scouts and I lived most of my life in Florida and California.

Is that like popular in the midwest or something?

csmtampa

Aug 25, 2009
WaxHeaven said:
I've never known anyone in my life who was in the Boy Scouts and I lived most of my life in Florida and California.

I grew up and live in Florida, and I remember when I was younger we would make fun of the kids in the Boy Scouts since none of them could play baseball.

Ah good times

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
I wish they had this when I was in first grade. I was a boy scout for one year.

And csmtampa - I played baseball then. On year of tball, moved up to minors where I started at 2nd base two seasons, and then started two seasons at first base in the majors. Helped my teams win the championship 4 years in a row :p

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
when i was younger my parents neglected me because i was a boy scout with no coordination for the sports they so desired me to achieve at

csmtampa

Aug 25, 2009
miguelcabrera said:
when i was younger my parents neglected me because i was a boy scout with no coordination for the sports they so desired me to achieve at

Im sorry this happened to you :mrgreen:

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
csmtampa said:
miguelcabrera said:

Im sorry this happened to you :mrgreen:

its ok man, i got through it and i am probably a better person for the long endure it took me through

MartinFFcollector

Aug 7, 2008
CA.
WaxHeaven said:

I'm in CA. and was in the Scouts in the late 80's. Just different circles I guess. Being a sheltered child, aka nerd, it was my main outlet for fun and I learned alot and had a great time.

Brad

Aug 23, 2008
WaxHeaven said:

When I lived in Western New York, it was big in my area and ran through the school since that is where they got kids to sign up and help meetings.

When I moved south, it was still a good size thing and ran though the local churches mostly.

And yes, I am Eagle Scout. I do not claim to be great at sports, but I did play baseball in high school and other kids in my troop played for their high school.

marterburn

I grew up in 2 areas of Michigan and was a Cub Scout for 3 years an a Boy Scout for 1. My landlord (who lives downstairs) is also currently the troop leader for the scouts here in Wisconsin. So, they're still around here too.

Oh, and I played baseball through HS, and still play soccer. Scouting doesn't have much to do with athletic ability.

jpcz

Aug 10, 2008
NY
Add me to the list of eagle scouts who can play sports...played baseball until i threw out my arm, then basketball through college. Now i am an assistant athletic director at a college.....

MartinFFcollector

Aug 7, 2008
CA.
I wish I had more free time. I'd still be involved with Scouts. Unfortunately my boys dont show any interest in joining, although my middle son reads their mag. Boys Life.

ronfromfresno

Aug 7, 2008
Fresno, CA
WaxHeaven said:

I agree, I live in central California and have known many girl scouts, but no boy scouts. Not a bad idea by Topps, anything positive to get kids into the hobby is a good thing.

Members online

Latest posts