Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Who do you think will be the next player traded ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

19braves77

Oct 23, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Got to be someone we heard of....

I am going to say Dan Uggla somehow to the Cubs, Dodgers, or the Twins in a trade the Marlins regret.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
I hope Uggla would go to a good team.

He has been top 3 2b for the last couple seasons

I dont think he would go to the Twins, and, the Dodgers have Hudson at second already (unless he is a FA or during the last year of his contract)

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
Andrew McCutchen. Maybe not the very next trade, but the Pirates won't keep him, he's good...

Every time I get ahold of Pirates tickets and get excited to see some of their guys, I end up going to see the other teams stars because Pittsburgh dumps them.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Card Magnet said:
Andrew McCutchen. Maybe not the very next trade, but the Pirates won't keep him, he's good...

Every time I get ahold of Pirates tickets and get excited to see some of their guys, I end up going to see the other teams stars because Pittsburgh dumps them.

I think it Pitt keeps one guy, it will be Cutch

I think they are afraid it will end up being like the Hanley deal

(Which ended up being not bad for BOS, but, I'm sure they'd rather have Hanley if you ask them)

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Uggla / JJ to the Twins. Blockbuster deal. Why ? Because both are due to get signifigant raises ...

Vernon Wells is being shopped. Not that he's a top end talent, at the moment.

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
HPC said:
Card Magnet said:

(Which ended up being not bad for BOS, but, I'm sure they'd rather have Hanley if you ask them)

How did the Hanley deal work out badly for Boston? They gained a Cy Young and a dominant starter out of that.....

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
sheetskout said:
HPC said:
Card Magnet said:

How did the Hanley deal work out badly for Boston? They gained a Cy Young and a dominant starter out of that.....

You can see I said it was not a bad deal for Boston, but, would you take Mike Lowell, who played the bench alot, and Beckett who had 1 dominant season, compared to Hanley who is going to hit .330/30/100+ for many seasons...Im pretty sure Boston would take Hanley

Tomlinson21RB

Aug 7, 2008
MA
HPC said:
sheetskout said:
HPC said:
Card Magnet said:

You can see I said it was not a bad deal for Boston, but, would you take Mike Lowell, who played the bench alot, and Beckett who had 1 dominant season, compared to Hanley who is going to hit .330/30/100+ for many seasons...Im pretty sure Boston would take Hanley

I think Boston would take the ring over Hanley.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
HPC said:
sheetskout said:
HPC said:
Card Magnet said:

Considering Boston won the World Series right after this trade and Lowell was MVP, Boston won this trade big time.

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
G $MONEY$ said:
HPC said:
sheetskout said:
HPC said:
[quote="Card Magnet":1k0hcsau]Andrew McCutchen. Maybe not the very next trade, but the Pirates won't keep him, he's good...

Considering Boston won the World Series right after this trade and Lowell was MVP, Boston won this trade big time.[/quote:1k0hcsau]

You can argue that Boston would have taken Beckett straight up as well. Frontline pitching is GOLD in the major leagues.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
G $MONEY$ said:
HPC said:
sheetskout said:
HPC said:
[quote="Card Magnet":2twpw0ld]Andrew McCutchen. Maybe not the very next trade, but the Pirates won't keep him, he's good...

Considering Boston won the World Series right after this trade and Lowell was MVP, Boston won this trade big time.[/quote:2twpw0ld]

Once again, I never said the trade was bad.

I said I think Boston would rather have Hanley now.

Beckett was average and Lowell rode the bench this season.

Other than the WS year, those 2 have been above average-average at best

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
G $MONEY$ said:
HPC said:
sheetskout said:
HPC said:
[quote="Card Magnet":2n8u1qa9]Andrew McCutchen. Maybe not the very next trade, but the Pirates won't keep him, he's good...

Considering Boston won the World Series right after this trade and Lowell was MVP, Boston won this trade big time.[/quote:2n8u1qa9]

Really? Maybe, I guess I would like to see the Indians trade the best player in baseball for a WS Trophy. I'm not saying that Hanley is the very best player in baseball, but I think he might be a few years from now. Then he'll probably sign with the Yankees and lead them to several more championships. :lol: At that point, you really think Boston fans will look back on the trade and think they got a good deal? I would bet that there are already a ton of Sox fans who think it was stupid to give up Hanley for Beckett and Lowell.

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
RL24 said:
G $MONEY$ said:
HPC said:
sheetskout said:
HPC said:
[quote="Card Magnet":qvjstmig]Andrew McCutchen. Maybe not the very next trade, but the Pirates won't keep him, he's good...

Considering Boston won the World Series right after this trade and Lowell was MVP, Boston won this trade big time.

Really? Maybe, I guess I would like to see the Indians trade the best player in baseball for a WS Trophy. I'm not saying that Hanley is the very best player in baseball, but I think he might be a few years from now. Then he'll probably sign with the Yankees and lead them to several more championships. :lol: At that point, you really think Boston fans will look back on the trade and think they got a good deal? I would bet that there are already a ton of Sox fans who think it was to give up Hanley for Beckett and Lowell.[/quote:qvjstmig]

Then the word 'stupid' should be placed in front of 'Sox fans'.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
Its all about Championships, thats why they play this game, its the ultimate goal. Even though im sure Boston would love to have Hanley back, as a fan or member of Boston management there is no looking back. They won the World Series after making the trade, plain and simple Boston won that deal. Now if Hanley leads Florida to a World Series title or two, an argument could be made that Florida won the trade, but until that happens Boston wins this trade by a landslide.

Tomlinson21RB

Aug 7, 2008
MA
RL24 said:
G $MONEY$ said:
HPC said:
sheetskout said:
HPC said:
[quote="Card Magnet":2c6mbtmo]Andrew McCutchen. Maybe not the very next trade, but the Pirates won't keep him, he's good...

Really? Maybe, I guess I would like to see the Indians trade the best player in baseball for a WS Trophy. I'm not saying that Hanley is the very best player in baseball, but I think he might be a few years from now. Then he'll probably sign with the Yankees and lead them to several more championships. :lol: At that point, you really think Boston fans will look back on the trade and think they got a good deal? I would bet that there are already a ton of Sox fans who think it was stupid to give up Hanley for Beckett and Lowell.[/quote:2c6mbtmo]

Who says Boston doesn't sign him when his contract is up with the Marlins in 6 years?

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Beckett:

2006: 16W 11L 5.01 204.2IP
2007: 20W 7L 3.27 200.2IP
2008: 12W 10L 4.03 174IP
2009: 17W 6L 3.86 212IP

...the 17 wins this season can be attributed to the Team, considering his ERA is almost touching 4.00

07 was his best year, and did he contribute to the WS ring, yes, but other than that, 08 was horrible, and 09 was not much better, considering he allowed 91 Earned Runs, which was almost 20 more than 2008

In 06/07, Lowell played 153 and 154 games.

In 08/09, he played 113 and 119.

His stats dropped, and so did his value.

2006 is the only season Hanley has hit below .300

06: .292 17hr 59rbi 51sb
07: .332 29hr 81rbi 51sb
08: .301 33hr 67rbi 35sb
09: .342 24hr 106rbi 27sb

Hanley's production has increasingly rised, and now, I say Boston would rather have Hanley

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
HPC said:
Beckett:

...the 17 wins this season can be attributed to the Team, considering his ERA is almost touching 4.00

07 was his best year, and did he contribute to the WS ring, yes, but other than that, 08 was horrible, and 09 was not much better, considering he allowed 91 Earned Runs, which was almost 20 more than 2008

Hanley's production has increasingly rised, and now, I say Boston would rather have Hanley

This is absolutely ridiculous and I am officially done with this thread. Are you aware of what the average ERA is in the American League?

crosby87

Jul 7, 2009
Pittsburgh
Mccutchen will NOT be traded. Im not sure how anyone could reasonably think the Pirates would risk trading their best young player, who is under control for years. The pirates couldn't afford to trade McCutchen because it would ruin their fanbase and the fans that were left would quit on the team.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
sheetskout said:
HPC said:
Beckett:

This is absolutely ridiculous and I am officially done with this thread. Are you aware of what the average ERA is in the American League?

Pitchers with ERA's better than Beckett in 09:

Greinke
Sabathia
Felix
Verlander
Halladay
Jon Lester
Edwin Jackson
Kevin Millwood
Jarrod Washburn
John Danks
Jered Weaver
John Lackey
Mark Buehrle

...13 other pitchers had better ERAs, many below the league average

...so you would rather have a pitcher with an ERA of almost 4.00 during his time with Boston, than a guy who hit .342 with 24/106?

Members online

Latest posts