Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Hines Ward is the Dirtiest Player in the NFL...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
...as voted by NFL players. I'm surprised that Flozelle Adams isn't in the top 10 (listed below). Two Steelers made the top 10 though. Steelers guys here, don't shoot the messenger.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsbu ... 51611.html
Name - Team - Position - % of vote (from 296 players)
Hines Ward Steelers WR 11.6
Albert Haynesworth Redskins DT 6.0
Joey Porter Dolphins OLB 6.0
Roy Williams Bengals S 5.1
Kevin Mawae Titans C 4.6
Cortland Finnegan Titans CB 4.2
Harvey Dahl Falcons G 3.7
Richie Incognito Rams G 3.7
Troy Polamalu Steelers S 3.3
Jared Allen Vikings DE 3.2

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... yer-label/
When told that he came in first place in a Sports Illustrated poll asking NFL players to name the dirtiest player in the league, Steelers wide receiver Hines Ward said he was surprised to learn he came in ahead of his former teammate, Dolphins linebacker Joey Porter, who came in tied for second.

"I beat Joey? Wow," Ward said, per the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. "How can I be the dirtiest player on the field -- a little, old wideout with no speed? I don't know whether to be happy or mad about it."

This week's Sports Illustrated, which features the results of the survey of 296 NFL players, notes that Ward broke the jaw of Bengals linebacker Keith Rivers with a blind-side block, and quotes Rivers' teammate Chinedum Ndukwe as saying, "He's a blind-side guy." But Ward said he has no intention of doing anything differently than he's always done.

"I'm not going to change the way I play," Ward said. "If people think I'm dirty, I apologize to them now."

Ward said he was surprised to learn that Steelers safety Troy Polamalu was on the list of dirtiest players, coming in ninth. The Steelers were one of two teams to have two players on the list of the 10 dirtiest players; Titans center Kevin Mawae and cornerback Cortland Finnegan were both on the list.

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
I can see how some people think Ward is dirty because he plays balls to the wall almost every single play and the defensive players don't like that coming from a WR........BUT POLAMALU, that shat just makes me laugh!!!!

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
mstng99tim said:
I can see how some people think Ward is dirty because he plays balls to the wall almost every single play and the defensive players don't like that coming from a WR........BUT POLAMALU, that shat just makes me laugh!!!!
Maybe the survey was before he got his great hair using Head and Shoulders.

deceptikon1978

Apr 7, 2009
Anyone read the column by the anonymous football player in ESPN mag? He mentioned Ward and said someones gonna knock him out someday.

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009
He has been taking some big hits lately got one in the Vikes game right in the lower back when he went up to catch the ball

Viking4Alpha

Aug 10, 2008
I've never liked Ward. Had I been a Steeler fan, yeah I'm sure I'd like him/appreciate his skills. I especially can't stand the way he smiles the way he does. Any Steeler fan will be quick to say that he just "loves the game" hence the smile. Please. That's the smile of a malicious clown if I've ever seen one. :lol:

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Snyper said:
I've never liked Ward. Had I been a Steeler fan, yeah I'm sure I'd like him/appreciate his skills. I especially can't stand the way he smiles the way he does. Any Steeler fan will be quick to say that he just "loves the game" hence the smile. Please. That's the smile of a malicious clown if I've ever seen one. :lol:

:lol:

I love the smile, he'll go across the middle and get creamed, pick himself back up and he'll be smiling.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
Rodney Harrison has called the Titans the dirtiest team in the league.

If that isn't the pot calling the kettle black.

Harrison went on to say the Titans, as a team, are the dirtiest in the league. Harrison still isn't happy about with the Titans because of a play on New Year's Eve in 2006 when receiver Bobby Wade took out Harrison's knees, injuring him for New England's playoff run. Harrison says the Titans sideline was laughing, and even coach Jeff Fisher had a smile on his face.

I was laughing at home too. Sometimes i root for people to reap what they sew.

Full story:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... he-league/

Rickzcards

Sep 26, 2008
Sin City
Snyper said:
Kinda surprising that Ward would win this poll. I've never thought of him as a dirty player, little bitch sometimes but never dirty. They should secretly mic him up so maybe some light might be shed on this one. No telling what he's saying to the opposition.

KandKCards

Aug 8, 2008
About time someone finally referred to Ward as dirty instead of "scrappy." I got so sick of hearing that he's a tough, scrappy player after going high on Keith Rivers and breaking his jaw. It is possible to be dirty even though you aren't 300+ lbs.

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
KandKCards said:
About time someone finally referred to Ward as dirty instead of "scrappy." I got so sick of hearing that he's a tough, scrappy player after going high on Keith Rivers and breaking his jaw. It is possible to be dirty even though you aren't 300+ lbs.

YAWN!!! It's not Ward's fault Rivers has a glass jaw!!!

Members online

Latest posts