Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Topps Redemption Mailday..WBC & Draft Autos

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Great Dealz Rob

Mar 11, 2009
Hey Yo! I just picked up a few packages from the PO this morning. Here are the goods......

Nick Weglarz WBC Bowman Sterling 2 Color Patch /65
2009-11-06-0931-28.jpg

Michael Inoa Bowman Draft Auto Lot (2 Blue, 2 Ref & 2 Base)
2009-11-06-0932-29.jpg

One of the Blue is way OC and heading back to Topps today. Just need my 2 Xfractor Inoa to show up next!!! All are available and will be swimming on the Bay tonight. Thanks. Rob

Great Dealz Rob

Mar 11, 2009
jimmyjam1973 said:
you're sending a card back you waited months for because it's OC? I'm sure they're going to be VERY accommodating.

Actually they are. I have done it several times. Would you be happy with a card that is atleast 70/30 OC? Probably not, but thanks for your concern.

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
Great Dealz Rob said:
jimmyjam1973 said:
you're sending a card back you waited months for because it's OC? I'm sure they're going to be VERY accommodating.

Actually they are. I have done it several times. Would you be happy with a card that is atleast 70/30 OC? Probably not, but thanks for your concern.

Did you have to send a wrapper, box and receipt? I thought that was the "rule" to send back "damaged" cards??

Great Dealz Rob

Mar 11, 2009
Messier2 said:
Great Dealz Rob said:
jimmyjam1973 said:

Did you have to send a wrapper, box and receipt? I thought that was the "rule" to send back "damaged" cards??

With redemption cards you need to send it back with the packaging it came in from Tristar.

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
What will they do with your OC card? Send it out to another kid waiting on his redemption hoping he won't send it back too?

Great Dealz Rob

Mar 11, 2009
LLWesMan said:
I didn't realize they replaced OC cards sent as redemptions. I'll have to take advantage of that in the future. Hope they don't send me your Inoa blue.

It's amazing what the card companies will do if you ask the right way. I have done this several times. Just make sure you keep the packaging from Tristar and send it along with the card.

jimmyjam1973

Aug 9, 2008
Schertz, TX
Great Dealz Rob said:
jimmyjam1973 said:

Since I am not a grader, I don't care if cards are OC, the auto not perfect or anything else that would cause a card not to grade 9.5. As long as the card isn't damaged, I'm good with it. It amazes me how if a card is not centered perfect how people will just send stuff back. There was another cry baby who sent in a Beckham Refractor auto a while back because it was 70/30, and said he expects perfection. Both of my Flores refractors were OC very badly, and guess what, I put them right on eBay and sold both BIN $50 each since they were the 1st ones online.

Wes

OG
Administrator
jimmyjam1973 said:
Great Dealz Rob said:
jimmyjam1973 said:

Since I am not a grader, I don't care if cards are OC, the auto not perfect or anything else that would cause a card not to grade 9.5. As long as the card isn't damaged, I'm good with it. It amazes me how if a card is not centered perfect how people will just send stuff back. There was another cry baby who sent in a Beckham Refractor auto a while back because it was 70/30, and said he expects perfection. Both of my Flores refractors were OC very badly, and guess what, I put them right on eBay and sold both BIN $50 each since they were the 1st ones online.

To be fair we're not all lucky enough to be the first ones to get them.

jimmyjam1973

Aug 9, 2008
Schertz, TX
LLWesMan said:
jimmyjam1973 said:
Great Dealz Rob said:
jimmyjam1973 said:

Yeah, but just like me, Great Dealz is the 1st to get the Blues. He has one up right now on eBay.

Wes

OG
Administrator
jimmyjam1973 said:
LLWesMan said:
jimmyjam1973 said:
Great Dealz Rob said:
jimmyjam1973 said:

Yeah, but just like me, Great Dealz is the 1st to get the Blues. He has one up right now on eBay.

Just got mine - pretty solid centering whew:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v419/ ... /IMG-2.jpg

Great Dealz Rob

Mar 11, 2009
It's easy for everyone to pass judgment when it's not their card. I don't expect a perfect card everytime, BUT I do expect a quality product. I have gotten plenty of cards both pack pulled & redemptions that were bad. I have sent in OC cards a handful of times over the years. If the card is 70/30 or worse I will return it, if it's a card that has some value. It's time that the card companies start to care what kind of a product they put out there. It doesn't matter to me if it's a Bowman pack or a Topps Sterling. They should strive to put out the best product each time. That is how you keep a customer happy and keep them coming back IMO.

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
Looks like a little autograph smudge on the middle blue Inoa, you better send that one back too ::facepalm::

Great Dealz Rob

Mar 11, 2009
brouthercard said:
Looks like a little autograph smudge on the middle blue Inoa, you better send that one back too ::facepalm::

Thanks for the heads up, I was thinking about sending them all back because he's too tall. I don't think pitchers should be that tall either ::facepalm:: ::facepalm::

Also, I'm not happy with the serial numbering on the card. Maybe they will give me one with a different number? What do you think Ace?

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
Great Dealz Rob said:
brouthercard said:

Thanks for the heads up, I was thinking about sending them all back because he's too tall. I don't think pitchers should be that tall either ::facepalm:: ::facepalm::

Also, I'm not happy with the serial numbering on the card. Maybe they will give me one with a different number? What do you think Ace?

Not a bad idea, two of the base chromes have pretty crappy centering too, you might only get 9's on them ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm::

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
brouthercard said:
Great Dealz Rob said:
brouthercard said:

Not a bad idea, two of the base chromes have pretty crappy centering too, you might only get 9's on them ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm::
:lol:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts