Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Best Bull Pen in baseball (on paper)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
Mets with new additions of Putz and K-rod! (Whoah scary)
World Series champs phillies with perfect brad lidge and set up stud (forgot name)
Red Sox with papelbon and masterson (maybe not as strong when he turns to starter?)
Yankees? (Idk so many yankee threads how can i not include them) with mariano?
Dodgers with saito and broxton(spelling?)?
The dominant/consistant Joe nathan and the twins?
Indians and their newest addition All Star Kerry wood?
Giants with All Star Brian wilson?!!?! lol rep the giants.
A's with rookie ben ziegler?!

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
ThoseBackPages said:
its a tough call.

but as of right now, the mets are going to struggle to score more than 2 runs a game, so the
bullpens mute lol
how can you say that with david wright, jose reyes, delgado, murphy, and beltran (your favorite)

look at the giants. Winn, Molina, Sandoval, Rowand!

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
darocker80 said:
ThoseBackPages said:
its a tough call.

but as of right now, the mets are going to struggle to score more than 2 runs a game, so the
bullpens mute lol
how can you say that with david wright, jose reyes, delgado, murphy, and beltran (your favorite)

Well, since ive been a Mets fan longer than 96% of this boards members have been alive, ive become used to let downs lol

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
ThoseBackPages said:
darocker80 said:
ThoseBackPages said:
its a tough call.

bullpens mute lol

Well, since ive been a Mets fan longer than 96% of this boards members have been alive, ive become used to let downs lol
lol. look at the giants record last three years.

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
mikekarlovec said:
Cleveland should have really good bullpen next season as well
forgot kerry wood is a great closer if he can do just as good or better than last season. who else is in the bull pen w ho is strong.

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
Big Mac McGwire said:
phillies will be back in the hunt. Strong bullpen, and so will the Rays baby. There comin back!!
who do rays have?

white sox has a strong closer but i don't know anything else about their bull pen, same as twins with nathan.

fengzhang

Aug 10, 2008
Chicago, IL
ThoseBackPages said:
its a tough call.

bullpens mute lol

I think the word you are looking for is "moo." It's like a cow's opinion. It just doesn't matter.

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
I'm still liking the Twins, but I'm biased. I like the Twins rotation more than the pen though. Nathan is pretty much lights out though, he just needs more save opportunities. With the limited opportunities, he still nails down 35-40 a year.

G

ThoseBackPages said:
darocker80 said:
ThoseBackPages said:
its a tough call.

bullpens mute lol

Nope I think us Cub fans have you beat hands down my friend. LOL

nborton

Aug 7, 2008
Winston-Salem, NC
Saito isn't on the Dodgers anymore. I think I read they are going with Broxton.

Also, bullpens are shaky year to year. Too hard to say.

The Tigers are looking like they want to break last years blown save mark of 46 games at this point. I think Rodney is the closer at the moment. With Zumaya as set up IF he is healthy. Yep, I'm predicting last place in the central again. :evil:

MallCopKJ

Aug 22, 2008
Dont just stand there, RELIEVE-A-POSEY
:lol:

Really, I like the Red Sox potential. Manny Delcarman might suprise some people next year. If they sign this guy Kawakami or whatever whos been talked about they should be extremely upgraded from last season. Ramon Ramirez is a solid upgrade over Timlin. Okajima showed brilliance 2 years ago, declined some last year but should be a dependable lefty in the pen. You then figure they will have one of Buchholz or Bowden out there. Masterson could be the setup guy for Papelbon, who is obviously an elite closer. Right now their up there with the best of them. Its all going to depend on who gets that 5th spot.

and JUSTICE for all

Aug 27, 2008
Newnan, Ga
fengzhang said:
ThoseBackPages said:
its a tough call.

bullpens mute lol

I think the word you are looking for is "moo." It's like a cow's opinion. It just doesn't matter.

friends!!

as for the topic at hand... it is hands down the mets imo (this coming from a braves fan).

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
ThoseBackPages said:
darocker80 said:
ThoseBackPages said:
its a tough call.

bullpens mute lol

let downs?? try being a pirate fan for 50 years

Members online