Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

G. Beckham to 2nd, Dye Option Declined, Other Sox News

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
Since I'm a Sox fan and didn't see this posted - here it is. There's a link to the full story, and here's a summary clip.

Chris Getz and Josh Fields are now Royals, Mark Teahen is now the White Sox starting third baseman, Jermaine Dye is all but gone, talks with free agent-to-be Scott Podsednik have disintegrated, and Gordon Beckham is now the new starting second baseman.

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/1869364, ... 06.article

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
now now

I fixed that error

FCB wasn't overloaded, I am just tinkering with a new style. That new style wasn't properly closing mysql sessions and every time someone said hey, new style and switched to it, it borked the board up.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
cgilmo said:
now now

I fixed that error

FCB wasn't overloaded, I am just tinkering with a new style. That new style wasn't properly closing mysql sessions and every time someone said hey, new style and switched to it, it borked the board up.
It's all in fun Gilmo, I still love your board :mrgreen:

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
Hallsgator said:
Card Magnet said:
scotty21690 said:
I thought Beckham already was the starting 2nd baseman??
3rd base. He was first a SSuntil he hit AAA.
He played 3B in AA too. I saw him play a double header and played 3B the first game and SS the second game.
I didn't know that. I thought he was a straight SS until he hit Charlotte.

BowmanChromeAddict

Aug 8, 2008
Downingtown, PA
Good Luck Josh Fields! Pull your game together!

(Any Royals fans interested in a KILLER Josh Fields collection? - CMB if yes)

If the Royals get Fields who is a 3B...where is Alex Gordon going? Or is Fields organizational fodder?

mwashuc06

Aug 7, 2008
Gordon Beckham the next Ryne Sandberg with fewer steals but could have a better overall hitting career.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
mwashuc06 said:
Gordon Beckham the next Ryne Sandberg with fewer steals but could have a better overall hitting career.
Wait....wait....

Beckham (with only a years experience under his belt in the bigs) is going to have a better career than Sandberg, a HOF 2nd baseman?

A bit premature to make that bold statement, don't ya think?

Hell, he could have a career ending injury tomorrow! Give him at least 6 years until you start making those comparisons lol.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
scotty21690 said:
mwashuc06 said:
Wait....wait....

Beckham (with only a years experience under his belt in the bigs) is going to have a better career than Sandberg, a HOF 2nd baseman?

A bit premature to make that bold statement, don't ya think?

Hell, he could have a career ending injury tomorrow! Give him at least 6 years until you start making those comparisons lol.
We've seen the Ryan Howard > Albert Pujols threads...now we're witnessing the birth of the newest hot topic :

Gordon Beckham > Ryne Sandberg

:lol:

Members online

Latest posts