Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Card Podcast, with Scott Prusha of Panini live in 30 min

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Thanks for the patience guys, can't believe it just worked as soon as I tried after we got done, ugh....

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
I found it interesting how he considered Ackley to be the best prospect in this year's draft.

Sounds as though he may be trying to cushion the blow, if you know what I mean.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Jaypers said:
I found it interesting how he considered Ackley to be the best prospect in this year's draft.

Well for what sells in sports, a Super Power Hitter should sell better than a Pitcher, and is less risk. So in that case, you can slightly see his point.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
beefycheddar said:
Jaypers said:

Well for what sells in sports, a Super Power Hitter should sell better than a Pitcher, and is less risk. So in that case, you can slightly see his point.

I wouldn't go so far to consider him to be a "super power hitter". Can he hit? Definitely. But that kind of praise may be an overstatement.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Jaypers said:
beefycheddar said:
Jaypers said:

I wouldn't go so far to consider him to be a "super power hitter". Can he hit? Definitely. But that kind of praise may be an overstatement.

Well for this draft, I'd say he was the premiere power hitter. That's what I meant.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
beefycheddar said:
Jaypers said:
beefycheddar said:
Jaypers said:

Well for this draft, I'd say he was the premiere power hitter. That's what I meant.

Bobby Borchering, Randal Grichuk, Chris Dominguez, Slade Heathcott and Kent Matthes might beg to differ.

All five possess more power than Ackley.

Members online

Latest posts