Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What exactly has Texas done?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ryo1549

Aug 17, 2008
Round Rock, TX
Ok, in every thread I read, there is mention that Texas has been dominant all year and that they have won these tough games, but who exactly has Texas beat this year that says "DOMINANT"?

Here is who they have beaten...

Louisiana Monroe
Wyoming
Texas Tech (who has 3 losses)
Utep (6 losses)
OU (3 losses)
Missouri (4 losses)
Oklahoma St (2 Losses)
UCF

Now you're telling me that this list of teams that they have beat = DOMINANT?

Florida's list is even worse!

Alabama has been the most dominant team, however if you're going to say Texas is sooooo dominant, then we should be putting TCU or Boise in that conversation.

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008
Don't forget Cinn. ;)

I agree with you that they all seem to have faults and honestly when you have to get into the whole "this team beat this team by that much who lost to, etc. etc. " it's just a mess and at a certain point it's irrelevant and I just wish they could settle it on the field.

On a side note - Since Boise st. always gets crap for their schedule. I just saw a story that they have an open date in Sept. 2011 and have opened a challenge that they will travel and play anybody....no return homedate, no other stipulations.....just begging for a "big program" to take them up on their offer.....so far, they've been declined by everybody......go figure.

dfr52

Aug 10, 2008
I agree on Texas. The media has been talking them up tonight after beating a team that presented no challenge.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
OK, here comes that annoying TCU is dominant guy...

But they destroyed a SDSU team (on the road) that is at least as good as UCF, especially offensively. I just hope they get a chance to see if they are as good as it seems.

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
Bama is the best team in the country, hands down. They have more wins over tougher opponets than both Florida and Texas. Texas can make their reservations now for the title game. I just hope Bama can beat Florida in the SEC championship game.
I'm officially rooting for TCU/Boise State though just to make the BCS implode.
On a side note there is a really interesting article on Yahoo right now about Boise State. Their AD has been trying to schedule a tougher non conference schedule for 2011. He has called every major school and said that Boise will travel to any school and that school does not have to make a return trip to Boise. He has no takers so far. Kinda sucks for Boise. They know they have to play tougher opponents but no one wants to play them.

19braves77

Oct 23, 2008
Pensacola, FL
I promise if they had called Alabama like they said, we would see a game scheduled for 2011. Alabama loses neutral site games along with we don't have to travel to them games. They still need to schedule two more out of conference games for that year 2011. They are playing Penn State and Georgia Southern so far.

The_ReverendAct2

Aug 7, 2008
beat the teams on their schedule. It is not their fault that the teams they beat turned out not to be as good as first advertised. Florida/Alabama game will knock out one of those unbeaten's. If Texas run the table they will be in the BCS championship game. Who would the BCS rather have: Florida/Alabama vs Texas or Cincy/Boise St/TCU vs. Texas

kentuckyderby

Aug 7, 2008
was Chicago now Glendale AZ
Alabama deserves #1 spot based on what has happened so far

Do I think Bama is the best team is the nation?---no
Could I see them putting up 10-13 points vs. TCU? --sure
Could I see them lose to Boise State? ---sure

Do they deserve to be #1 right now?-- yes

I see a Texas-Fla BCS National Championship game

I really want to see Bama play TCU/Boise
Interested to see how that would shape up

The rest of the best (including Cincy) ---- who cares
The next 10-12 teams so interchangeable

dfr52

Aug 10, 2008
kentuckyderby said:
Alabama deserves #1 spot based on what has happened so far

Do I think Bama is the best team is the nation?---no
Could I see them putting up 10-13 points vs. TCU? --sure
Could I see them lose to Boise State? ---sure

Do they deserve to be #1 right now?-- yes

I see a Texas-Fla BCS National Championship game

I really want to see Bama play TCU/Boise
Interested to see how that would shape up

The rest of the best (including Cincy) ---- who cares
The next 10-12 teams so interchangeable

I disagree, any of the top 10 are interchaneable this year. None of the teams this year are that impressive where they could play any where and beat any team.

Members online