Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Yankees WILL BE going after Teixeira and Ramirez

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aug 7, 2008
Long Island, NY
http://zellspinstripeblog.com/2008/12/1 ... and-manny/

Hate away...

That’s right. The Yankees are still in it according to many baseball officials. They are still involved in the Tex and Manny sweepstakes. If they can’t get Tex, then they will go after Manny. I guess Hank Steinbrenner really meant it when he said they planned on restoring the universe to order, and he planned on putting the Yankees back on top. haha. Obviously with the losses of Giambi and Abreu, there is a big gap in the lineup. The organization feels that they need someone to protect A-Rod and not give him all the pressure to produce.If they can’t land Manny, then they can also pursue Jermaine Dye.

from the NY Post:

The Yankees are likely to offer Ramirez, 37 in May, a three-year deal in the $20 million range, though agent Scott Boras reportedly is seeking a five-year deal for the future Hall of Fame lock.

Because the signings of Sabathia (seven years for $161 million) and A.J. Burnett (five years for $82.5 million) leave $48.5 million of the $88 million that came off the Yankees’ payroll, there is plenty of glue left for more additions.

Another option would be to obtain right-handed hitting outfielder Jermaine Dye, 35 next month, from the White Sox.

Dye has the Yankees among the six teams for which he can veto a trade, and it’s not likely the Yankees would give him an extension (or pick up a $12 million option for 2010) to waive the no-trade clause.

“If they can’t get Teixeira, they are right there on Manny,” an official with knowledge of the Yankees’ plan said yesterday.

“Hank (Steinbrenner) wants him, but he isn’t alone in the organization,” a source said of Ramirez. “They need somebody to protect Alex (Rodriguez).”

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
Does the world really care when Hank changes to a new toilet paper?

Its funny how Yankee bandwagoners feel the rest of us want to know every little detail about what the organization is doing.

:?

steve-a-reno

Aug 7, 2008
Personally I don't care when they go after and get all the good free agents all the time. With a team lineup that shouldn't lose many games at all, makes it that much more enjoyable when the lose. :D

Pete14Rose

Aug 13, 2008
Virginia
P_Manning 18 said:
Does the world really care when Hank changes to a new toilet paper?

Its funny how Yankee bandwagoners feel the rest of us want to know every little detail about what the organization is doing.

:?

No, it's not Yankee bandwagoners or even Yankee fans...it's the OP. I'm a Yankee fan and it's even annoying to me. I don't need to know every thought in Steinbrenners head.

Aug 7, 2008
Long Island, NY
It can't be said enough. Don't read it. If it was the Royals going after Manny and Tex..nobody would post. You people obviously care. If you didn't...you wouldn't bother wasting your time writing a post...saying "Does the world care?...Who cares?" Blind Yankee hatred strikes again. :lol:

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
im also a lifelong yankee fan who is sick of this. I live in new hampshire and these posts are the same
annoying junk that i put up with from sox fans, and i for one dont think it will matter what the crazy steinbrenner
brood do, yankees will still lose. i sickened of them when they got damon, piece of garbage, getting manny would deff have
me rooting for the rays again.

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
KevinNYYLundqvistFan said:
It can't be said enough. Don't read it. If it was the Royals going after Manny and Tex..nobody would post. You people obviously care. If you didn't...you wouldn't bother wasting your time writing a post...saying "Does the world care?...Who cares?" Blind Yankee hatred strikes again. :lol:

1. dillusional
Confused. Under a false illusion of the truth. Misinformed.
Wrong about something obvious.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
It has nothing to do with hating. this isnt a signing and isnt even a rumor of an offer. Its a rumor of the yankees possibly making offers. I'm ok with the threads reporting something but this is nothing. Add this to your threads about how the yankees have the best this and that, it really is annoying.

G

boomo said:
im also a lifelong yankee fan who is sick of this. I live in new hampshire and these posts are the same
annoying junk that i put up with from sox fans, and i for one dont think it will matter what the crazy steinbrenner
brood do, yankees will still lose. i sickened of them when they got damon, piece of garbage, getting manny would deff have
me rooting for the rays again.

Don't forget about Derek Lowe.

Pete14Rose

Aug 13, 2008
Virginia
phillyfan0417 said:
It has nothing to do with hating. this isnt a signing and isnt even a rumor of an offer. Its a rumor of the yankees possibly making offers. I'm ok with the threads reporting something but this is nothing. Add this to your threads about how the yankees have the best this and that, it really is annoying.

+1 and you sir get a "Thank you" post.

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
I must be missing something on these boards because for every yankee post claiming there are haters there seem to be an equal number of collectors...or am I missing something? I think its overblown...

I am a lifelong Red Sox fan and I still collect Yankee autos for my future son and father...

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
they've done real well recently adding a bunch of ego's to the team and having great chemistry and winning all kinds of championships right? its worth the luxury tax to add all these big names and still not win...They throw their money around because they can.. but have not bought a winner in a lil while now.

jrinne

Sep 25, 2008
All those ego's = a ton of problems. What do you think will be said about this team if they don't make the WS. This is the reason why MLB needs a cap. I still think Boston will be a better team.

yankeefan812

Aug 12, 2008
Dville Ghetto
I'm a Yankees fan and this is making me sick. Do we honestly need Texeira or Ramirez? No. We got Swisher and I really want to see him get playing time either at first or in the outfield. If we supposedly are going after Cameron then that leaves our Outfield with Damon, Cameron, and Nady. Now they are throwing their money around thinking it will win them the WS. We already signed CC and Burnett, and we don't need to sign the whole free agent market.

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
yankeefan812 said:
I'm a Yankees fan and this is making me sick. Do we honestly need Texeira or Ramirez? No. We got Swisher and I really want to see him get playing time either at first or in the outfield. If we supposedly are going after Cameron then that leaves our Outfield with Damon, Cameron, and Nady. Now they are throwing their money around thinking it will win them the WS. We already signed CC and Burnett, and we don't need to sign the whole free agent market.
Wouldn't it be nice to have Tex at first (offense and defense) and swisher at DH?

yankeefan812

Aug 12, 2008
Dville Ghetto
darocker80 said:
yankeefan812 said:
Wouldn't it be nice to have Tex at first (offense and defense) and swisher at DH?

it's unnecessary, yea it would be great, but they could always put Matsui at DH and Swisher at first, a lot of people are forgetting about Matsui because he was injured last year

Members online