Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Athletes and surgeries

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
Why is it that every time an athlete breaks a bone they need surgery? Every time i broke a bone or anyone else i know broke a bone they just throw the sucker in a cast and let it heal. Whats the deal?

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
moxacaine said:
Why is it that every time an athlete breaks a bone they need surgery? Every time i broke a bone or anyone else i know broke a bone they just throw the sucker in a cast and let it heal. Whats the deal?

Long term effects are reduced with surgery and it usually helps recover to 100% quicker.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
mredsox89 said:
moxacaine said:

Long term effects are reduced with surgery and it usually helps recover to 100% quicker.

Guess i should be complaining about my medical care then. :lol:

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
moxacaine said:
mredsox89 said:
moxacaine said:

Guess i should be complaining about my medical care then. :lol:

ha. But surgery is unbelievably expensive. And surgery isn't necessary, just provides additional care, therefore if it isn't necessary, no one is going to pay for it

ajbraves25

Aug 9, 2008
Springfield, IL
I ruptured my left achillies tendon playing softball back in August. I am just now out of my walking boot. I opted not to have the surgery. I am laid-off and no insurance. Was going to be in the $20K range. No reason to have that bill over my head. Plus the healing and rehab time are the same my Dr. told me.
No brainer. Just let it heal naturally.

~AJ

Members online

Latest posts