Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

49ers vs Titans thread!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ryo1549

Aug 17, 2008
Round Rock, TX
So far Alex Smith looks awful. The 49ers D have held CJ in check too. Vince young has thrown a nice long ball.

Lets go 49ers!

Viking4Alpha

Aug 10, 2008
ChJohn.png

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
4 turnovers. 24 points off turnovers. 6 turnovers in 2 1/2 games. 60 QB rating not in the 2 minute drill.

0-3 with the game on the line.

Everyone was SO excited to see what he can do.......you will see Shaun Hill on Thursday. This horrible experiment is over.

Shaun Hill would have easily managed this game better and brought home the W.

dfr52

Aug 10, 2008
I don't understand why 49'ers fans are so down on Smith. He had 2 INT's but the 3rd wasn't really his fault. Why not give him a few starts to see what he can do.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
dfr52 said:
I don't understand why 49'ers fans are so down on Smith. He had 2 INT's but the 3rd wasn't really his fault. Why not give him a few starts to see what he can do.

He has 5 INTs in 2 1/2 games and a fumble.....what games are you watching!?!?

Smith had 2 fumbles, threw 3 INTs and was sacked 4 times.

He is in the game for his MOBILITY. 24 points lead to Titan points.

8 sacks in 2 games. I told you three weeks ago Singletary will not be unemployed when he loses his next 10 games....he is well on his way.

Shaun Hill should start on Thursday.

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
dfr52 said:

Agreed - there's no QB who was going to be avoid getting sacked in today's game because of the poor playing of the OL. For some reason, the Niners keep coming out flat in the second half of games. It means that the coaches are not adjusting. I think the Niners will stick with Smith for the Bears game, and if he doesn't perform, then they will look at other options.

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
The only reason Hill won the games he won, was because their defense played 4 quarters instead of 2. He may not have any turnovers, but he isn't effective at all. Reminds me of the Bears winning with Grossman at the helm. The guy is aweful, but his defense consistently put up 14-21 points. Didn't matter who you had back there, they'd win based on defense. The last few games, the defense sputters out the last two quarters and they lost

On that note, the gamechanger for this game wasn't on offense, it was on 4th down when the niner lineman didn't run sideline to sideline, took a bad angle, missed the tackle for a loss of yardage + loss on downs, and instead they scored a TD. That was where they lost the game.

Anthony K.

Aug 7, 2008
Enterprise, Alabama
Daltonb1219 said:
::facepalm::

Daltonb1219 said:
Anthony K. said:
Daltonb1219 said:
[quote="Anthony K.":3rtch3kx]
champb21 said:
SF @ ARI L
most of th games are toss up like i think we will take 1 of the 2 games with airzona. we could beat minnesota especially at farve qb. we could even beat chicago but mostly unlikely. i got us going 9-7 but thats giving us some games that are big wins for our team.

SEA @ SF W
SF @ MIN L
STL @ SF W
ATL @ SF L
Bye
SF @ HOU W
SF @ IND L
TEN @ SF W
CHI @ SF L
SF @ GB L
JAC @ SF W
SF @ SEA W
ARI @ SF W
SF @ PHI L
DET @ SF W
SF @ STL W

Thanks for the laugh.

Tennessee is miles away better than SF. Even without Haynesworth.

I wouldnt say that i think are d is much better then Tennessees are runningbacks are about the same Collins might be a little better then hill but not by much imo

The 49ers defense is not half as good as the Titans defense.

With multiple returning All Pros, better pass rush and a hell of a secondary, the Titans defense would eat the 49ers alive.

I guess will see huh?[/quote:3rtch3kx]

I guess we saw, huh ;)

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
Huffamaniac said:
All Vince Young does is win

That is not an indicator of how good of a QB he is. They showed his numbers and Alex Smith's numbers side by side during the game. They have the exact same numbers. TD's Pick's Passing yards. It was actually scary. The Titans have been a much better team than the niners. Does that mean Young > Smith? Because his supporting cast is better? Show me one QB who can succeed with 5 different off coordinators in their first 5 years.

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
onionring9 said:
The only reason Hill won the games he won, was because their defense played 4 quarters instead of 2. He may not have any turnovers, but he isn't effective at all. Reminds me of the Bears winning with Grossman at the helm. The guy is aweful, but his defense consistently put up 14-21 points. Didn't matter who you had back there, they'd win based on defense. The last few games, the defense sputters out the last two quarters and they lost

On that note, the gamechanger for this game wasn't on offense, it was on 4th down when the niner lineman didn't run sideline to sideline, took a bad angle, missed the tackle for a loss of yardage + loss on downs, and instead they scored a TD. That was where they lost the game.

Agreed. There's a reason why the Niners lead the league in 3 and outs, and his name is Shaun Hill. Harrelson should have stopped CJ for a loss on that fourth down play.

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
lisu said:
onionring9 said:

Agreed. There's a reason why the Niners lead the league in 3 and outs, and his name is Shaun Hill. Harrelson should have stopped CJ for a loss on that fourth down play.

It's tough to say. The only defender that was consistently able to run down CJ was Willis. He just flat out ran Harrelson.
On a side note is everyone noticing what Bata-Cain is doing in NE. He's a machine. Where was that with the niners?

DRav87

Aug 11, 2008
Wisconsin
The Shaun Hill experiment reminded me of the JT O'Sullivan experiment. Hopefully we don't have to see it again.

Also I am not sure what the 49ers are thinking about doing with Alex Smith but if they see him as the QB of the future, which nobody knows if they do, they need to leave him in there and let him make his mistakes and learn from them.

Members online

Latest posts