Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Larry Johnson released by the Cheifs

Who's more likely to pick up LJ

• Playoff contending team this year

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

josh3302

Oct 28, 2008
Understandable, but the team and him have had issues from day 1. Do you guys think a team in playoff contention would be more likely to pick him up or maybe a team looking to build for next year?

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
I'm glad they did. I'm not a Chiefs fan but I did sign the petition to dump him so he wouldn't break Holmes' team record. Classic case of someone being given everything to him his entire life and never being told no. The Chiefs are a better team with out him. Charles was outplaying him this year anyway. I doubt anyone will bite this year. Maybe next year.

justinmandawg

Aug 7, 2008
Kansas City
They have chased off or alienated so many players.

Tony Gonzalez
Derrick Johnson
Larry Johnson
Brian Waters
Brandon Albert
Dwayne Bowe

Pretty decent players that they have **** on right there.

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Dear Larry,

Your personality fits with our team, please join us and bring Vick with you.

Signed,
Al Davis

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
I find it funny that people still like Larry Johnson, and want him yet dislike Terrell Owens. They're both basically the same guy, except TO never referred to his coach using gay slurs.

justinmandawg

Aug 7, 2008
Kansas City
Card Magnet said:
I find it funny that people still like Larry Johnson, and want him yet dislike Terrell Owens. They're both basically the same guy, except TO never referred to his coach using gay slurs.

It wasn't the coach it was the media that he called fagots.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
justinmandawg said:
Card Magnet said:

I thought he referred to his coach prior to that on Twitter using a gay slur. Then used one about the media the next day or two.

DRav87

Aug 11, 2008
Wisconsin
justinmandawg said:
Card Magnet said:

Does anyone have the exact quote he put on Twitter?

Daltonb1219

Jul 16, 2009
Card Magnet said:

No TO just called his QB a *****

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=A ... &type=lgns

• “my father got more creditentials than most of these pro coaches. … google my father!!!!!!!”

• “My father played for the coach from “rememeber the titans”. Our coach played golf. My father played for redskins briefley. Our coach. Nuthn”

Following those messages, an exchange appeared between Johnson’s account and another Twitter user, in which the other user made a reference to an incident in which Johnson pled guilty to disturbing the peace after allegedly spitting into the face of a female patron at a nightclub. A message on Johnson’s account referred to the other Twitter user’s profile picture with a homophobic slur, calling it a “[expletive] pic” and called the user a “Christopher street boy.” Christopher Street is a well-known New York City street which became famous as a symbol for the city’s gay-pride movement.

The message posted in Johnson’s account containing the homophobic slur read:

• “think bout a clever diss then that wit ur [expletive] pic. Christopher street boy. Is what us east coast cats call u.”

The final message of the night on Johnson’s account read:

• “Make me regret it. Lmao. U don’t stop my checks. Lmao. So “tweet” away.”

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009
justinmandawg said:
They have chased off or alienated so many players.

Tony Gonzalez
Derrick Johnson
Larry Johnson
Brian Waters
Brandon Albert
Dwayne Bowe

Pretty decent players that they have shat on right there.

and Jared Allen

SeattlefantillIdie

Oct 2, 2008
KENMORE, WASHINGTON
bradical said:
Dear Larry,

Please come to Seattle. We have money.

Signed,

The Seahawks Front Office

Wait, what? Wasn't Edgerrin James good enough? Seattle doesn't need another RB and the front office doesn't do well with big shot prima donnas, like getting rid or Jerramy Stevens (or was it Julian Peterson?) for beating on his wife and getting drunk all the time. I think LJ's days are done personally.....

bradical

Jun 21, 2009
SeattlefantillIdie said:
Wait, what? Wasn't Edgerrin James good enough? Seattle doesn't need another RB and the front office doesn't do well with big shot prima donnas, like getting rid or Jerramy Stevens (or was it Julian Peterson?) for beating on his wife and getting drunk all the time. I think LJ's days are done personally.....

No. The Edgerrin Experiment was horrible. At 31 he was no where near the peak performance. He never learned the offense, and seemed very sluggish when he had the ball. I think a new team, some new leaders, and new scenery could LJ good. (reference: Cedric Benson and Randy Moss)

Personally, I think LJ has a few more good years in him. He seems like a guy that thrives on spite, so he has plenty of fuel.

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
I have a couple of nice patch autos of his, so I am hoping he lands with a popular team to salvage some $$$

RNCoyote

Nov 4, 2009
Texas
Daniel Snyder would likely take him. Good riddance to Larry Johnson. After 2006 season he became aloof and lazy

Members online

Latest posts