Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BA Phillies Top 10 is up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
LOVE the fact that they still have love for Scott Mathieson.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/pr ... 69125.html

BEST TOOLS
Best Hitter for Average Domonic Brown
Best Power Hitter Michael Taylor
Best Strike-Zone Discipline Domonic Brown
Fastest Baserunner Jiwan James
Best Athlete Jiwan James
Best Fastball Scott Mathieson
Best Curveball Kyle Drabek
Best Slider Mike Stutes
Best Changeup Yohan Flande
Best Control Justin DeFratus
Best Defensive Catcher Travis d'Arnaud
Best Defensive Infielder Freddy Galvis
Best Infield Arm Freddy Galvis
Best Defensive Outfielder Anthony Gose
Best Outfield Arm Domonic Brown

PROJECTED 2013
LINEUP
Catcher Travis d'Arnaud
First Base Ryan Howard
Second Base Chase Utley
Third Base Sebastian Valle
Shortstop Jimmy Rollins
Left Field Jayson Werth
Center Field Shane Victorino
Right Field Domonic Brown
No. 1 Starter Cole Hamels
No. 2 Starter Cliff Lee
No. 3 Starter Kyle Drabek
No. 4 Starter J.A. Happ
No. 5 Starter Trevor May
Closer Ryan Madson

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
No Michael Taylor in the "projected 2013" lineup...hmm...he could be trade bait in their mind....

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
In his scouting report, they mention the Phillies likely bringing up Drabek as a power reliever, at least at first.

Personally, I think he is good enough to knock someone out of the rotation right from the get-go.

allstars

Mar 17, 2009
Jaypers said:
In his scouting report, they mention the Phillies likely bringing up Drabek as a power reliever, at least at first.

Personally, I think he is good enough to knock someone out of the rotation right from the get-go.

Word around here is that he should be "up" by midseason 2010.

Interesting that they have Cole ahead of Lee in the rotation, makes me think they did this stuff before the playoffs...hopefully Cole just had a bad year. I doubt Madsen will retain a closer role either.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
Jaypers said:

Kyle Drabek needs innings. I would definitely let him pitch in the minors another full season.

Really like that list and there are a few players who should be on that list next season. Like I thought last year, D'arnaud is the better catching prospect and i'm glad they held on to him.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
::facepalm::

JAYPERS (IL): Just how close was Zach Collier to making your list? Has his 2009 lowered your stock in him any? Why or why not?

John Manuel: Not too close. Haven't gotten a lot of positive reports on Collier, which is disappointing. I was a big believer in him out of HS last year out of the draft and once the Phils got him. He's got tools and there is hitting ability in there, but he just never found a groove or adjusted to the speed of the game this year. Still a Top 30 guy but they have so many toolsy OFs, he wasn't really a serious Top 10 contender; he's been passed by the competition.

trademhigh

Aug 10, 2008
Jeff N. said:
Madson will not and can not close. Surprised they didn't pencil Mathieson in for a closer. . . I suspect he'll be doing it in 2011.
I agree. I think he's definitely closer material.

BowmanChromeAddict

Aug 8, 2008
Downingtown, PA
cgilmo said:
With a great rookie campaign by JA Happ

he's now bumped up to a possible 4th starter

On that list of starters how could he be any higher than a 4th? Does he have potential to be higher than a 4th? Heck yeah, but not among Hamels and Lee, and Drabek clearly has a ceiling up there as well.

muchuckwagon

Oct 8, 2008
Deceased
cgilmo said:
my collier buy is looking pretty sad right about now

I feel really good now about the gold refractor that I was able to sell at a multiple of the going market rate a few months after the product release because it was 50-50 centering all around.

muchuckwagon

Oct 8, 2008
Deceased
cgilmo said:
Messier2 said:
cgilmo said:
my collier buy is looking pretty sad right about now

What did you buy?

a lot of 20 base autos

subbed them all to bgs, half gemmed

Ouch.....

ouch.jpg