Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

cjedmonton's Awards Prediction Contest: Final Results

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cjedmonton

Sep 20, 2009
Great White North
Okay, this contest is a wrap. Thanks to jdbrak's prediction of Matt Kemp placing 10th in the NL MVP ballot, he winds up taking home the grand prize. I'm still waiting for the UD redemption surprise to arrive, but as soon as it does, I'll be sure to let you know. You also have the option of sending me $10 via Paypal for an addtional surprise. Your call. I've sent you a PM with more details.

Also, guzman4cy and MallCopKJ take home a $15 Ebay Gift Certificate for placing the closest to the overall average and the overall lowest score. For you two, please send me your email address so I can take care of this by week's end.

Thanks again to all for playing!

Please see below for the final results/leaderboard.

The original thread where everything's spelled out can be found here:
http://freedomcardboard.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=66614

Here's the full spreadsheet:
http://cjedmonton.webs.com/awards.xls

N.L. MVP Results
NLMVP.jpg

Leaderboard
leaderboard.jpg

NOTE: Now that the awards are halfway complete, I've decided to hand out 2 extra prizes. One for the overall lowest score, and one for the contestant who comes closest to the average overall score at the end of the contest.

If there is a tie for any of these awards, the prize(s) will go to the player who got the most NL/AL MVP predictions correct. If still a tie, we'll go with the most NL/AL Cy predictions correct.

Huffamaniac

Oct 8, 2008
Re: cjedmonton's Official Awards Prediction Thread (ROY Round)

thanks again for a great contest. It should be fun

blazers091

Dec 7, 2008

when does the winner of AL/NL ROY get announced?

cjedmonton

Sep 20, 2009
Great White North

Okay, so I was misinformed about the awards schedule. The good news is that the deadline's been extended until Sunday November 15th for anyone else who wants to enter this contest.

The actual awards schedule is as follows:

Nov. 16 - AL/NL Rookie of the Year
Nov. 17 - AL Cy Young
Nov. 19 - NL Cy Young
Nov. 23 - AL MVP
Nov. 24 - NL MVP

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/awards/y2009/

Sorry for the confusion, folks!

cjedmonton

Sep 20, 2009
Great White North
Re: cjedmonton's Awards Prediction Contest: Starts Nov 16th

Final bump for anyone who wants to play! The deadline is anytime today (Nov 15th).

Remember, I need 6 lists of 10 players to enter (one for each of the 6 major awards).

The Rookies of the Year will be announced tomorrow.

blazers091

Dec 7, 2008

the last 4 all got 1 vote. how will that work for scoring?

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston

Wow, Beckham not even in the top 3 and almost everyone had him winning. Porcello finished 3rd with 1 vote less than Andrus. Sucks I had Porcello 2 and Andrus 3

cjedmonton

Sep 20, 2009
Great White North
Re: cjedmonton's Awards Prediction Contest: AL/NL ROY

Huffamaniac said:
Since they all got 1 pt, I believe they all came tied for 8th place

GAbballplayer148 said:
Do we get any points for 9th and 10th?

According to this: http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd ... p&c_id=fla , Fowler got 9th and Parra 10th, and quite a few members predicted that outcome.

Actually, all 4 of those players each received 1 3rd place vote. Therefore, how could we rank one over the other? It is being counted as a 4 way tie for 8th place.

cjedmonton

Sep 20, 2009
Great White North

I see where you are coming from, but that is just not an accurate way to rank these players, especially with the huge multipliers involved. Would it be fair to award 250 points for someone who had Parra 10th, while others would only get 100 points for having Parra 9th...although Parra didn't finish in either 9th or 10th?

I even mentioned in my rules thread that if there was a tie b/w 2 or more players (points-wise), the higher place finish would go to the player with more higher weighted votes (ie. more 2nd place votes or more 1st place votes). In the case of these 4, they all have an equal number of points and an equal number of 3rd place votes (with no 1st or 2nd place votes). I just can't see awarding points for all 4 players if they were predicted to finish "somewhere" b/w 8th and 10th.

The fact is Cabrera, Parra, Fowler, and Rasmus all finished in a tie for 8th place. Nobody came in 9th or 10th. Sorry!

Anthony K.

Aug 7, 2008
Enterprise, Alabama

So I, uh, cleaned up in the AL Cy Young voting.

I nailed the 1-5 spots...and only one person voted for Lester 6th.

Hoping the NL Cy young goes the same way.

blazers091

Dec 7, 2008

i don't see any mention of lester for 6th on mlb.com