Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

How dumb can a 71 year-old man be? Triple threads.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Craig Smith

Aug 13, 2008
Bemus Point, NY
If this should be on the box break board please move it.

A box of triple threads I had ordered over the weekend from D & A's came today so I proceeded to rip away. Of course, I pay no attention to the base cards; just go for the kill.

Duh: Adam Jones 73/75 triple bat card. Ugh.

Looked it up on ebay and what do my wondering eyes find? Adam Jones 2008 Triple Threads card $5.00.

What?????????????????????????????

What a dummie I am. Bought 2008 instead of 2009. Never saw the mistake until I opened the pack.

Second pack is much better though. Probably better than if I had bought the 2009 issue.

I likey!

Honus Wagner Jersey, Ty Cobb Bat, Tris Speaker Bat 17/18

089%20triple%20wagner%20cobb%20speaker.jpg

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Holy cow now that was nice mistake you made
Congrats on that beauty I would list it with a high bin and take offers
then got buy a box of 2009

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
JEA2880 said:
I love that you're 71 and know not only how to post and follow on here but scan cards. FCB MVP.

Oh yeah, nice card!!!
Damn just because he is 71 surely doesn't mean he does not know how to do things
Computers have been around for 20 years so that would have made him 51 when he learned how
to use one maybe. ::facepalm::

archiebunkerjr

Dec 11, 2008
Awesome card. I wish the team logos could be included somewhere else on the card. I hate how most of the game used pieces are covered up.

stlalways94

Aug 7, 2008
Pine Tar said:
JEA2880 said:
I love that you're 71 and know not only how to post and follow on here but scan cards. FCB MVP.

Oh yeah, nice card!!!
Damn just because he is 71 surely doesn't mean he does not know how to do things
Computers have been around for 20 years so that would have made him 51 when he learned how

Actually, in my neck of the woods, it is pretty rare to see anyone over the age of 60 do anything on the computer. I know of some elderly folks who think the internet is everything from a color similar to blue and a "newfangled coffee sweetener"

Craig: Sick pull, dude!

trademhigh

Aug 10, 2008
Pine Tar said:
JEA2880 said:

Oh yeah, nice card!!!
It's very hard to learn something totally new at a later age. Why do you think kids used to teach their parents on how to use computers? I know I taught my parents when we first got a computer (I was age 4 and they were in one was in their 30s and the other in their 40s). Also, one of my grandma's wouldn't know how to turn on a computer let alone search the web. The other one does, but that's only because she needed to learn how to use one for her job.
Furthermore, I think some people don't feel like learning all the new technologies when they are older.
However, I would be insulted if someone said to me that I was great because I can work a computer, regardless of age).

And, to the OP- That's an incredible pull! I wish I had the same luck with my TT box last year :lol:
You should sell it to buy an 09 TT box, now!

JEA2880

Aug 16, 2008
Connecticut
stlalways94 said:
Pine Tar said:
JEA2880 said:

Oh yeah, nice card!!!

Actually, in my neck of the woods, it is pretty rare to see anyone over the age of 60 do anything on the computer. I know of some elderly folks who think the internet is everything from a color similar to blue and a "newfangled coffee sweetener"

Craig: Sick pull, dude!

Thank you. Most people Craig's age have a rudimentary knowledge of computers, let alone scanning and posting images on message boards. A lot of the stuff on here is far from intuitive.

Craig Smith

Aug 13, 2008
Bemus Point, NY
In recognition of the age and computer literacy comments.

In my case I have a somewhat extensive knowledge of computers and have logged over 1,000,000 student contact hours over 37 years in business education.

I started business teaching in 1961 and in 1972 I moved to "computer technology" using keypunch cards and an IBM401. From that time until I retired in 1998 I taught programming (3 languages), software utilization, computerized accounting, networking etc. in a vocational high school in Western NY.

Now, in 2009, I have lost contact with all the latest developments in the field but still tickle the keys once in a while............

ctmike

Oct 9, 2009
Connecticut
I WISH I was as "dumb" as you. Unfortunately I'm only as dumb as me and I never really have that kind of luck! Congrats on the awesome pull!

Members online

Latest posts