Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

NL Gold Glove winners announced...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

numba1yankeefan

Nov 29, 2008
Long Island
1st base - adrian gonzalez
2nd base - orlando hudson
short stop - jimmy rollins
3rd base - ryan zimmerman
outfield - shane victorino, michael bourn, matt kemp
catcher - yadier molina
pitcher - adam wainwright

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
Rollins and Victorino don't deserve it, they got it because they are on a popular team and made it to the world series!

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!

::facepalm::

ccouch (Chad)

Aug 8, 2008
jbone17 said:
BOOOOOO on Rollins. Hanley should have won it.

No, Troy Tulowitzki should have won it. Hanley doesn't even belong in the discussion, quite frankly. He had 84 fewer assists than Tulowitzki in just 35 fewer innings.

No disrespect meant to either Rollins or Hanley, but Tulowitzki makes routine plays out of balls that most other shortstops have no chance with.

Huffamaniac

Oct 8, 2008
Kouzmanoff was robbed.

National League single-season record for third basemen with a .990 fielding percentage while committing only three errors in 309 total chances should get you the Gold Glove.

leatherman said:

andyduke86

Nov 22, 2008
ccouch (Chad) said:
jbone17 said:

No, Troy Tulowitzki should have won it. Hanley doesn't even belong in the discussion, quite frankly. He had 84 fewer assists than Tulowitzki in just 35 fewer innings.

No disrespect meant to either Rollins or Hanley, but Tulowitzki makes routine plays out of balls that most other shortstops have no chance with.

No question, Tulo is much better with the glove than either of those guys, especially Hanley. It's the Derek Jeter Effect that gives Rollins the award, although to be fair Rollins is at least a good fielder.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
your both wrong Furcal should have won this one. Utley should have won too over O-dog.

ccouch (Chad) said:
jbone17 said:

ccouch (Chad)

Aug 8, 2008
jcmint said:
your both wrong Furcal should have won this one.

Surely you jest.

Furcal (in 1,282 innings) -- 187 putouts, 419 assists, 76 double-plays, 20 ERRORS
Tulo (in 1,294 innings) -- 215 putouts, 433 assists, 89 double-plays, 9 ERRORS

There is simply no question who had the better year with the glove.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
HELL YEAH-DIER!!!!!!

Yadi Mo baby!!!!!!

*doin mah dance*

*doin mah dance*

*what mah dance is.......I dunno*

I expected number 4 to get number 2, but I was pretty surprised that my main mang Adam 'Beltran Curve' Wainwright won his first one. That is pretty spectacularly awesome-tabulous-riffic!!!!

Next up is the Cy Young for my boy Waner!!!!

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
Boooooooooooooooo ;)

Well, Tulo should have 2 GG's now...

Oh well, he just turned 25...I'm sure he'll get a few.

Hanley ::facepalm:: :lol:
Furcal ::facepalm:: :lol:

Why have they been mentioned in this thread?

Members online

Latest posts