Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Questions for prospectors (Multiplier and Excel)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G

Question for you guys. Do you incorporate eBay prices into your sheets?

Right now, I'm finalizing my research on the players from EEE and BDP and I'm about to start looking at eBay to narrow my list down every more. I'm not using excel to track my buys and sales yet, but to determine who I want to invest in. My question is, how do you use the eBay prices to find an average price? Do you guys just add them all up and divide, or is there a way that I can import the prices into excel directly?

While I'm thinking about it, what do you guys use as a multiplier? Base x ? = Ref etc.

Please feel free to share what you use as a multiplier and how you set your excel sheet up.

Thanks guys,

Mike

G

Here's a rough draft of what mine looks like now. I'm going to expand on the "stats" columns, just haven't gotten there.

Player Year Age Team Position Stat Sets Link
Billy Bob 1900 108 Nationals P BDP/EEE/R eBay

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
I guess I'm not exactly sure what you're going for with your spreadsheet, but I keep detailed spreadsheets for any card that I buy with the goal of flipping. I just list the player, the exact name of the card (ex.- 2008 BDP Blue Refractor), and the price. I also keep a spot for sales to the right of the price so when/if I do eventually sell, it's pretty easy to just put in the price less fees. Then I keep totals on the bottom of how much I've spent, sold, and the total profit (which often is negative until most of the inventory listed on the spreadsheet has been sold).

It's pretty effective for me, and it makes it easy to know what I have and how much I paid for it.

Aug 7, 2008
Maryland
I hand write everything. I just don't like making the cells bigger and smaller. It is a pain for me. I have only sold one stash and that was my Sniders. As for buying most prices are usually the same unless there is significant reasons for change.

G

I guess my question is, do you guys make spreadsheets when determining who to go after?

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
MyPens66 said:
I guess my question is, do you guys make spreadsheets when determining who to go after?

I usually just check out ebay completed listings. If it's for a prospect, i'll check their numbers and stuff too, but it's mostly based on ebay completed sales for me.

trademhigh

Aug 10, 2008
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
MyPens66 said:

I usually just check out ebay completed listings. If it's for a prospect, i'll check their numbers and stuff too, but it's mostly based on ebay completed sales for me.
+1

G

I guess I'm just making it more complicated than it really is. :lol:

Members online

Latest posts